Nissan has introduced a new diesel variant to its Dualis small SUV range, among other detail changes to the line-up.
Available from May 1, the updated range’s new turbodiesel Dualis TS is available with the five-seat Dualis bodystyle and two-wheel drive only, and will be priced at $29,990.
Under the bonnet of the Dualis TS sits a 96kW/320Nm 1.6litre turbodiesel engine. That torque figure promises a healthy performance boost over the 102kW/198Nm 2.0litre petrol models and will be welcomed by many family buyers.
Available in six-speed manual only, the frugal diesel combines with a standard stop/start function to deliver a combined economy figure of 4.5l/100km, down from 8.1l/100km for the equivalent petrol model.
The Dualis TS is based on the petrol ST spec level, but adds front fog lights, tinted windows and chrome exterior detailing.
Satnav and a reversing camera is now standard on all Dualis models, while the 'Around View' monitor system remains specific to top-line Ti-L models.
ST and the new TS variants now come with standard 17-inch alloys (up from 16), while Ti-L models continue with standard 18s.
The previous Ti variants of both five-seat Dualis and seven-seat Dualis+2 bodystyles have been discontinued.
Pricing rises $1000 for the entry two-wheel drive Dualis and Dualis+2 ST models, $450 for Dualis Ti-L two-wheel drive models, and is unchanged on four-wheel drive Ti-L Dualis and Dualis+2 and the two-wheel Drive Dualis+2 Ti-L.
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
- Dualis 4x2 ST manual - $25,990
- Dualis 4x2 ST CVT - $28,490
- Dualis 4x2 TS diesel manual - $29,990
- Dualis 4x2 Ti-L manual - $32,190
- Dualis 4x2 Ti-L CVT - $34,690
- Dualis 4x4 Ti-L CVT - $36,440
- Dualis+2 4x2 ST CVT - $31,190
- Dualis+2 4x2 Ti-L CVT - $36,740
- Dualis+2 4x4 Ti-L CVT - $38,940
- Interested in buying NISSAN DUALIS? Visit our NISSAN DUALIS showroom for more information.