Available in Laredo, Limited and Overland specifications, the new 3.0 litre V6 turbodiesel engine produces 177kW at 4000rpm and 550Nm of torque between 1800rpm and 2800rpm.
Fuel consumption is listed at 8.3 l/100km on the combined cycle, in city driving, that translates to 10.3 l/100km, down to 7.2 l/100km for highway driving.
The new engine also marks a 10 percent increase in power and eight percent more torque than the company's previous diesel engine, while fuel consumption has improved by 19 percent.
The V6 turbodiesel engine is fitted with new 1800-bar injectors, with Fiat's MultiJet II technology (launched in 2009 on the 1.3 litre diesel engine of the Fiat Punto Evo).
The new model offers a braked towing capacity of 3500kg.
“The arrival of the new turbo diesel is icing on the cake of the all-new Grand Cherokee range” Dean Bonthorne, Chrysler Australia’s Senior Manager, Marketing & Corporate Communications, said.
“It’s no secret that Australians love a torquey, fuel-efficient diesel in this category, and just like so many other aspects of the Grand Cherokee, this highly anticipated new powerplant has exceeded all expectations.”
Pricing and Availability
The Grand Cherokee is offered in Australia in Laredo, Limited and Overland grades.
All models will offer the new 3.0-litre turbo diesel, while the Laredo and Limited come standard with Chrysler's 3.6 litre V6 Pentastar engine. The top-shelf 5.7-litre HEMI V8 is optional on Limited and standard on Overland.
- 3.6 litre V6 petrol - $45,000
- 3.0 litre V6 turbodiesel - $50,000
- 3.6 litre V6 petrol - $55,000
- 5.7 litre V8 petrol - $60,000
- 3.0 litre V6 turbodiesel - $60,000
Limited 70th Anniversary
- 3.6 litre V6 petrol - $58,500
- 5.7 litre V8 petrol - $63,500
- 3.0 litre V6 turbodiesel - $63,500
- 5.7 litre V8 petrol - $69,500
- 3.0 litre V6 turbodiesel - $69,500
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Interested in buying JEEP CHEROKEE? Visit our JEEP CHEROKEE showroom for more information.