According to the Wall Street Journal, unnamed sources at Ford have confirmed a styling connection to the popular concept, along with the new Mondeo sedan that it spawned.
The report claims that while the sixth-generation 'Stang will contine with the familiar shark-nosed grille and round headlights, the car's overall look is "almost a body double for the Evos concept".
The concept has already been touted by Ford design boss J Mays as the future of the brand's styling, but the Mustang has historically carried only the most basic design connection to its siblings.
Ford will be looking to the future-focused styling of the new model to boost Mustang sales, with the car's record annual total of 166,530 in 2006 dwarfing last year's 70,438 sales.
The new coupe is expected to debut sometime in 2014, in time to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Mustang line.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Falcon news and reviews | Ford news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews
- Sports Car news and reviews
- Industry news
- Interested in buying FORD MUSTANG? Visit our FORD MUSTANG showroom for more information.