The diesel power plant is matched with an eight-speed automatic transmission and develops 184kW and 570Nm with a combined fuel figure of 7.5 l/100km.
The Summit offers all of the features from the slightly lower-spec Overland, while adding chrome highlights to the grille, door sills and trapezoid exhaust tips.
Other exterior features include body-coloured wheel arch flares, 20-inch alloy wheels and Summit badging on the tailgate.
Inside, the special edition Grand Cherokee in ‘Morocco’ trim gets a suede-like finish to the headlining, a 19-speaker surround sound system and ‘NaturaPlus’ leather, which Jeep says is the highest grade leather found in any of its vehicles.
Opting for the ‘Grand Canyon’ interior pack adds genuine wood trim while a rear DVD entertainment system is optional with either interior.
“Grand Cherokee has enjoyed unprecedented sales success this year; more than 10,000 units have been sold year-to-date and it has led Australian Large SUV segment sales for the past four months,” Fiat Chrysler Australia CEO and President, Veronica Johns, said.
“At a time when many Australian buyers are in the market for a refined diesel SUV, Grand Cherokee Summit provides the ultimate solution at a compelling price point.”
The special edition 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit is on sale now, priced from $75,000 plus on-roads.
PRICING (excludes on-roads except where noted)
- Laredo 4x2 - 3.6L V6 petrol - $45,000 drive-away
- Laredo - 3.6L V6 petrol - $46,000
- Laredo - 3.0L CRD diesel - $51,000
- Limited - 3.6L V6 petrol - $56,000
- Limited - 3.0L CRD diesel - $61,000
- Limited - 5.7L V8 petrol - $61,000
- Overland - 3.6L V6 petrol - $66,000
- Overland - 3.0L CRD diesel - $71,000
- Overland - 5.7L V8 petrol - $71,000
- Summit - 3.0L CRD diesel - $75,000
- SRT - 6.4.L V8 petrol - $77,000
- Interested in buying JEEP CHEROKEE? Visit our JEEP CHEROKEE showroom for more information.