The new Coupe is available with four petrol engines and one diesel unit. From October, the range will be headlined by the top-shelf V8-powered C 63 AMG variant.
Kicking off the C-Class Coupe range is the C 180 BlueEfficiency, powered by a 1.8 litre petrol engine producing 115kW and 250Nm of torque (at 1600rpm).
The 0-100km/h sprint is covered in a claimed 8.9 seconds; fuel consumption listed at 7.3 l/100km.
The C 250 BlueEfficiency is powered by a more powerful version of the 1.8 litre engine, tuned to deliver 150kW and 310Nm of torque (at 2300rpm).
Choosing the more powerful 1.8 litre engine will cut the 0-100km/h time to 7.2 seconds. Curiously, fuel consumption is even lower than the entry C 180, at 7.0 l/100km.
Outside of the AMG range, the range-topper in the petrol C-Class Coupe range is the C 350 BlueEfficiency. Power is provided by a 3.5 litre V6 producing 225kW and 370Nm (at 3500rpm) with fuel consumption listed at 8.3 l/100km.
The powerful V6 offers a 0-100km/h time of six seconds flat.
Representing the diesel end is the C 250 CDI, powered by a torquey 2.1 litre turbodiesel engine producing 150kW and 500Nm (at 1600rpm).
The diesel sprints to 100km/h in 7.1 seconds - making it the second-quickest model in the non-AMG range - and fuel consumption is listed at 5.1 l/100km.
All four variants are mated to Mercedes' updated 7GTronic Plus seven-speed automatic transmission as standard.
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C 180 BE - $58,900
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C 250 BE - $69,900
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C 250 CDI BE - $69,900
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C 350 BE - $99,900
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe C 63 AMG Coupe - $154,800 (October)
Note: prices do not include on-road costs.
- Interested in buying HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLES COUPE? Visit our HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLES COUPE showroom for more information.