Citroen has added a new turbocharged petrol option to its Australian C5 line-up for 2012, while cutting a massive $11,000 from the price of entry.
Previewed in a report last year, the C5 can now be had with the 1.6 litre turbo petrol engine developed in partnership with BMW.
As with its other incarnations in the Citroen and Peugeot family, the 1.6 litre-powered C5 produces 115kW and 240Nm of torque.
Combined with a six-speed automatic transmission, fuel consumption for the 1.6 litre engine is listed at 7.1 l/100km on the combined cycle. The 0-100km/h run is listed at 9.5 seconds, and top speed is 210km/h.
The thrifty 1.6 replaces the existing 2.0 litre petrol engine, which delivered 103kW and 200Nm, while returning 8.9 l/100km on the combined cycle.
The turbo-charged diesel engine options remain unchanged, featuring a 120kW/340Nm 2.0 litre four (6.8 l/100km) and a 177kW/450Nm 3.0 litre six.
Citroen has also added its familiar Attraction trim grade to the entry-level end of the family (pictured here), drawing the C5's starting price down from the previous $46,990 to $35,990.
The new pricing continues across the range, with most models now under $50,000, and the up-spec Exclusive grade topping out at $58,990.
The only people who might be unhappy with this are those few who were prepared to pay the former higher prices and now have a depreciated asset in their garage. They might be thinking it's time Ateco took a good hard look at its pricing strategies.
Standard safety features across the C5 range include drive, front passenger, side front, curtain and driver's knee airbags, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Emergency Braking Assistance, ABS and electronic stability program.
2012 Citroen C5 Sedan
- C5 Attraction 1.6 petrol (a) $35,990
- C5 Attraction 2.0 HDi (a) $37,990
- C5 Seduction 1.6 petrol (a) $39,490
- C5 Exclusive 1.6 petrol (a) $44,990
- C5 Seduction 2.0 HDi (a) $41,490
- C5 Exclusive 2.0 HDi (a) $46,990 (reduced $11,000)
- C5 Exclusive 3.0 V6 HDi (a) $56,990 (reduced $13,000)
2012 Citroen C5 Tourer (wagon)
- C5 Attraction 2.0 HDi (a) $39,990
- C5 Seduction 2.0 HDi (a) $43,490
- C5 Exclusive 2.0 HDi (a) $48,990 (reduced $12,000)
- C5 Exclusive 30. V6 HDi (a) $58,990 (reduced $14,000)
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- C5 news and reviews
- Citroen news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying CITROEN C5? Visit our CITROEN C5 showroom for more information.