UNVEILED AT THE Team's Maranello headquarters, Ferrari has today revealed its 2010 Formula 1 entry, the F10. (No relation to the 2010 F10 BMW 5 Series, we presume.)
After a dismal 2009 outing that saw the the team score just one victory, Ferrari is looking to the F10 and new steerer Fernando Alonso to return the Italians to the top of the game.
Speaking with ESPN, Ferrari Technical Director Aldo Costa said the F10 has been designed from scratch, focusing on the previously controversial double diffuser design - the one element of the F10 that Ferrari has yet to reveal.
Although the 2010 season will allow them, recent reports suggest that double diffusers will be banned from 2011, in a move to cut aerodynamic downforce.
2010 Ferrari F10 Technical Details
- Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
- Ferrari longitudinal gearbox
- Limited-slip differential
- Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox ? quick shift
- Number of gears: 7 +Reverse
- Brembo ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
- Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
- Weight with water, lubricant and driver: 620 kg
- BBS Wheels (front and rear): 13?
- Type: 056
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Cylinder block in sand cast aluminium: V 90?
- Number of valves: 32
- Pneumatic distribution
- Total displacement: 2398 cm3
- Piston bore: 98 mm
- Weight: > 95 kg
- Electronic injection and ignition
- Fuel: Shell V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Helix Ultra