Following its international unveiling in March, Mercedes-Benz Australia has announced availability of the updated-for-2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class.
The R-Class has come in for a significant front-end overhaul, bringing the model more in-line with Mercedes' newer styling direction.
Cosmetic updates along the 2011 R-Class' profile and rear-end are minimal, as are the updates on the inside.
At the rear, the tail lights shape remains unchanged but for minor restyling of the lens design. A subtly tweaked bumper and new exhaust tips round out the rear-end updates.
Available in Australia as the 2011 R 300 CDI SWB, power is provided by Mercedes' 3.0 litre V6 diesel engine producing 140kW and 440Nm of torque.
Mercedes' 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive is fitted as standard, and the only transmission on offer is the company's 7G-TRONIC seven-speed automatic transmission.
The 0-100km/h run is wrapped up in 9.7 seconds, topping out at 210km/h. Fuel consumption is listed at 9.3 l/100km.
Standard Equipment for MY2011 R 300 CDI SWB
- 20-inch 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels
- Automatically dimming interior and driver's side exterior mirrors
- Bi-Xenon headlamps (darkened) with LED daytime driving lights
- Blue-tinted thermal insulation glass all round
- Burr Walnut wood trim elements
- Chrome-look beltline trim strips, rub strip with chrome insert and chrome-look undergaurd at the front
- COMAND APS including Reversing Camera
- Dark tinted glass for rear windows back from B-pillar
- EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electrically folding exterior mirrors
- Electric rear vent windows for 3rd row seats
- Electronic Traction System incl. automatic brake control for downhill gradients (4ETS)
- Metallic paint
This latest update marks the third facelift to the R-Class, which uses the same platform the model was launched with in 2005.
The current generation R-Class was last updated in 2007, an entry-level model and a seven-seater joining the line-up at the time.
Pricing and Availability
The 2011 Mercedes-Benz R 300 CDI SWB is priced from $92,200 (manufacturer's list price, which does not include dealer delivery or on-road costs).