Volkswagen could at last deliver an R-tuned version of its Polo light hatch, with this new Polo R WRC Street concept previewing a production model set to debut in 2013.
Further details have not been released - meaning we can only guess at performance figures - but Volkswagen has confirmed that the concept will lead the way for a new production car next year.
Whether that means we'll see a regular Polo GTI with the concept's Polo R WRC inspired body work, or an actual Polo R (at last), remains to be seen.
As for those styling and aero bits, the R WRC Street borrows its looks from Volkswagen's new Polo-based rally car, including a taller front bumper, a rear wing, big wheels and glossy stick-on guard flares.
In the cabin there's new sports seats and an Alcantara-trimmed steering wheel.
Watch for more details on the Polo R - or whatever Volkswagen is planning - over the coming year.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Polo R news | Polo news and reviews
- Volkswagen news and reviews
- Concepts | Enthusiast | Racing
- Interested in buying VOLKSWAGEN GOLF? Visit our VOLKSWAGEN GOLF showroom for more information.