The last month of the financial year brought the expected flurry of new car sales, but June 2014 failed to match the same month's results for 2013.
Overall sales reached 559,951 (down 2.4 percent on last year) to the end of June, suggesting that the market is on track for another year-end result beyond the one-million mark.
The strategy appears to have played well for the aforementioned brands, with Holden sales up by 17.6 percent compared to June last year - its best result in three years.
Elsewhere, Mitsubishi saw its Triton pickup rocket up the sales charts to finish June in third place - a solid result for an ageing model due to be replaced around the end of this year.
Volkswagen retained its eighth place from last month with sales up a healthy 26.4 percent on June last year, while Kia broke into the top-ten (again, with help from heavy EOFY advertising) on 3305 sales.
Commercial utilities were the success story of June, with EOFY deals pushing four models into the top-ten; a top-ten that was notably ‘SUV-free’.
The strong-selling Mazda CX-5 and Toyota Rav4 SUVs couldn’t crack the top-ten in June while the Holden Commodore slipped to finish seventh. Adding Holden’s 702 ‘Commodore’ Ute sales however would see the model elevated to fifth place.
The Volkswagen Golf rounded-out the top-ten last month, just a single sale behind the Navara.
Top 10 Selling Brands - June 2014
- Toyota - 20,808 sales - down 6.1 percent
- Holden - 12,332 - up 17.6 percent
- Hyundai - 10,008 - up 0.9 percent
- Mazda - 9374 - down 2.0 percent
- Ford - 8715 - down 10.0 percent
- Mitsubishi - 8281 - down 10.5 percent
- Nissan - 7992 - down 12.8 percent
- Volkswagen - 6597 - up 26.4 percent
- Subaru - 3851 - down 6.5 percent
- Kia - 3305 - up 5.6 percent
Top 10 Selling Models -June 2014
- Toyota Corolla - 4648 sales
- Toyota HiLux - 4276
- Mitsubishi Triton - 4124
- Mazda3 - 4059
- Hyundai i30 - 3243
- Ford Ranger - 3214
- Holden Commodore - 3156
- Toyota Camry - 2378
- Nissan Navara - 2262
- Volkswagen Golf - 2261
- Interested in buying COMMER ? Visit our COMMER showroom for more information.