The Corolla passed the Mazda3 in overall sales for 2014 during July, topping the monthly sales charts for the fifth month running.
Toyota found new homes for 3800 Corollas last month, compared with the Mazda3’s 3421 sales. Year-to-date figures for each are now 25,966 and 25,945 respectively.
With end-of-financial-year sales done and dusted, two commercial utilities slipped out of the top-ten as sales figures ‘normalised’ to largely reflect the five months of 2014 before June.
Holden’s Commodore returned to fourth spot after falling to seventh last month, while the Mitsubishi Triton and Nissan Navara slipped out of the top-ten after third and ninth place finishes respectively.
While Holden sales are up 6.6 percent for the year, the figures are surprisingly down 11.3 percent on July last year, reflecting an overall downturn in new-car sales.
The top-two were reversed last month, and the pair tied for sales in May.
Toyota was the top-selling brand again in July, followed by Holden, Hyundai, Mazda and Ford.
Top 10 Selling Brands - July 2014
- Toyota - 16,486 sales - down 5.4 percent
- Holden - 8990 - down 11.3 percent
- Hyundai - 8351 - up 4.3 percent
- Mazda - 8048 - down 5.6 percent
- Ford - 6210 - down 7.8 percent
- Nissan - 5451 - up 7.5 percent
- Mitsubishi - 5042 - down 10.4 percent
- Volkswagen - 3991 - up 0.6 percent
- Subaru - 3121 - up 0.6 percent
- Honda - 2708 - down 1.4 percent
Top 10 Selling Models - July 2014
- Toyota Corolla - 3800 sales
- Mazda3 - 3421
- Toyota HiLux - 3140
- Holden Commodore - 2469
- Hyundai i30 - 2434
- Ford Ranger - 2023
- Mazda CX-5 - 1895
- Toyota Camry - 1805
- Holden Cruze - 1747
- Holden Colorado - 1443
MORE: New Car Sales articles
- Interested in buying HOLDEN ? Visit our HOLDEN showroom for more information.