Pricing remains unchanged for the AT-X ($36,490) and Sportivo ($40,990), while the Presara is up $450 to $50,440 - an increase brought by the now-standard inclusion of metallic or pearlescent paint choices. All prices exclude on-road costs.
As expected, Toyota has steered clear of giving the Aurion the same extensive makeover gifted to the new Camry, focusing instead on mild styling tweaks and a value-for-money upgrade to features across the range.
Toyota confirmed earlier this month that buyers should not expect to see a significant change to the Aurion’s look, and today’s unveiling reveals that exterior updates are largely limited to lightly revised headlights and grilles, new wheels and a new styling kit for the Sportivo model.
Other visual changes include a new body-coloured garnish at the rear of the AT-X and a body-coloured lip spoiler for the Presara.
On the Sportivo, there’s new 18-inch wheels - a first for the Aurion range - along with low-profile tyres, a lower chin spoiler and blacked-out fog lamp bezels.
In the cabin, all models get a new instrument cluster and chrome-plated rings with blue and white illumination.
The new cluster also boasts a 4.2 inch full-colour display between the dual Optitron dials, providing the usual array of driving aids and fuel information.
Standard kit across the range includes seven airbags, reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors, stability and traction control, anti-skid brakes and dual-zone auto air-conditioning.
The AT-X model also features a 6.1 inch main touch-screen display, while the Sportivo gets the same screen and voice recognition.
Also standard with the AT-X are 16-inch alloy wheels, power adjustable driver’s seat and a dual exhaust design.
Standard with the Sportivo is a smaller-diameter three-spoke leather-accented steering wheel with paddle shifters, rear sunshade, power adjustment for the driver and front-passenger seats, and “sporty” seat fabrics.
Options for the Spotivo include metallic/pearlescent paint ($450), a moonroof ($1950), and a $2500 premium package with 10-speaker JBL audio, satellite navigation+ and leather-accented seat trim.
Upgrading to the Presara brings a larger 7.0 inch screen, along with Matrix 5.1 channel surround sound, satellite navigation and real-time traffic updates.
In the Presara, there’s also new ‘double-pocket’ LED headlights replacing the HID units of the outgoing model, along with rear cross-traffic alert and lane departure alert.
Power is again provided by Toyota’s 200kW/336Nm 3.5 litre petrol V6, matched with a six-speed automatic and a front-wheel-drive configuration.
Fuel consumption is unchanged at 9.3 l/100km.
For 2015, there’s a new pre-load differential system for enhanced steering feel, greater control under acceleration and deceleration. Toyota promises smoother take-offs and improved low-speed manouevering, along with increased high-speed stability and a more stable feeling at highway speeds.
- 16-inch alloy wheels, sports grille
- Automatic headlights
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Cruise control
- 6.1-inch display screen with six speakers, ToyotaLink, Bluetooth phone connectivity with audio streaming and USB input
- Reverse-view camera, front and rear parking sensors
- Optitron steering wheel controls, 4.2-inch instrument cluster display
- Black fabric upholstery, electric driver’s seat
- Silver interior trim
Sportivo (in addition to AT-X)
- Gloss black 18-inch alloy wheels, sports body kit
- Front foglights
- Sports suspension
- Premium steering wheel, steering wheel-mounted paddleshifters
- Sports front seats, black sports fabric upholstery, electric passenger seat
- Sports mesh interior trim
- Electric rear sunshade
- Front scuff plates
- Sports pedals
Presara (in addition to AT-X)
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlamps, auto high beam, front foglights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto-dipping side mirrors
- JBL premium audio system with 10 speakers, 7.0-inch touchscreen, DAB+ digital radio, satellite navigation and SUNA traffic updates
- Blind-spot monitor, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-departure alert
- Premium steering wheel
- Electro-chromatic rear-view mirror
- Electric rear sunshade
- Front scuff plates
- Driver’s seat memory, electric passenger seat
- Dark wood grain interior trim
- Ivory or black leather-accented upholstery
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- Aurion AT-X - $36,490 (no change)
- Aurion Sportivo - $40,990 (no change)
- Aurion Presara - $50,440 (up $450)
- Interested in buying TOYOTA ? Visit our TOYOTA showroom for more information.