Skoda has added a second bodystyle to its Australian Fabia light-car range this week, in the form of the 2012 Fabia Wagon.
As with the existing Hatch, the Fabia Wagon is powered by the Volkswagen Group's 77TSI, and for the first time, a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission is now available across the entire range.
The Fabia's 77TSI engine is a 1.2 litre four-cylinder unit producing 77kW and 175Nm of torque. Peak power is reached at 5000rpm, and maximum torque is available between 1500 and 4100rpm.
In both automatic/tiptronic DSG and five-speed manual form, fuel consumption is listed at 5.5 l/100km.
Offering greater storage capacity than its Hatch sibling, the Fabia Wagon boasts 480 litres of cargo space with the rear seats up - compared to 300 litres in the Hatch. Lay the wagon's rear seats flat, and storage grows to 1555 litres.
As with the hatch, the Fabia Wagon's standard safety features include six airbags and ESC (Electronic Stability Control) including ABS, ASR, EBD and Brake Assist.
Standard equipment includes:
- ‘Satellite’ 15” steel wheels
- Leather package - three-spoke steering wheel, handbrake handle, gear lever handle
- Tinted windows, protective side running strips
- Body coloured front and rear bumpers, body coloured wing mirrors and door handles
- Chrome Package - gear lever, gear lever frame, handbrake button, ventilation controls
- Three-spoke multi-function leather steering wheel (with radio and phone controls), Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Multi-function trip computer (time, outside temperature, average and current fuel consumption, mileage, driving time, average speed, service interval display, distance to empty)
- Cruise control
- Radio ‘Swing’ - 2 DIN with CD, MP3
- Power heated door mirrors, front foglights
- Rear parking sensors
- Climate control air conditioning
- MDI - Media device interface (only with Swing radio)
- ‘Antares’ 15” alloy wheels
- Electric glass sunroof
- Fabia 77TSI 5-speed manual - $18,990
- Fabia 77TSI 7-speed DSG - $21,290
- Fabia 77TSI Wagon 5-speed manual - $20,990
- Fabia 77TSI Wagon 7-speed DSG - $23,290
- Fabia Monte Carlo 77TSI 5-speed manual - $21,990
- Fabia Monte Carlo 77TSI 7-speed DSG $24,290
- Fabia RS 132TSI 7-speed DSG - $27,990
- Fabia RS 132TSI Wagon 7-speed DSG - $29,990
Note: prices exclude on-road costs.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Fabia news and reviews | Skoda news and reviews
- Light Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying SKODA FABIA? Visit our SKODA FABIA showroom for more information.