- TOYOTA extends airbag recall
- KIA recalls Carnival over potential brake problem
- VOLKSWAGEN issues second Polo recall
- ALFA recalling all 4C models for... a sticker problem
The initial recall covered 181,000 cars in Australia, including Corolla, Yaris, Echo, RAV4 and Avensis models built between May 2003 and March 2007.
Around 45,000 of these were for Yaris models, but Toyota has now extended the ‘end’ date from March 2007 to December 2008.
The same extension has also been applied to the Avensis.
Kia is recalling its new Carnival people-mover that arrived in Australia early this year, due to a potential brake problem.
A manufacturing error could lead to a leaking O-ring, causing brake fluid to leak from the master cylinder and reduce braking performance.
The backrest on the front seats may have been constructed with incorrect welds, leading to a weakness in the seat that could see it break during a collision.
Alfa Romeo is recalling its 4C sports car in Australia, due to - of all things - incorrect markings on the passenger side window.
Australian Design Rules for Safety Glazing Material require the markings, so Alfa will now rectify the problem.
Other recalls include:
- Some Evinrude E-TEC G2 74 V6 3.4 litre outboard engines, due to an incorrect steering component
- Kawasaki ZX1000PFF (2015 Ninja H2R) sold in April and May of this year, due to a potential wiring harness problem
- A total of 124 Ducati 1199/1299 Panigale S motorcycles from 2014 and 2015, equipped with Ohlins TTX rear shocks, due to a retaining nut not tightened to specification.
- Maxi-Cosi A2 Euro Convertible child car seats manufactured between September 2014 and March 2015 due to a potential problem with the shoulder harness
- Maxi-Cosi A4 Euro and Hera Convertible child car seats with an unspecified production window, also for a potential problem with the shoulder harness
The relevant manufacturers will attempt to contact affected owners shortly, but any owner wishing to learn more about the latest round of recalls should contact their local dealer.
MORE: Recalls - Honda CR-V, Honda Accord, Volkswagen Amarok
MORE News & Reviews: Recalls | Toyota | Takata
- Interested in buying TOYOTA ? Visit our TOYOTA showroom for more information.