Land Rover's entry-level Range Rover Evoque will go on sale in Australia from November, the British brand's local arm has confirmed today.
Land Rover has yet to confirm, but a local unveiling at July's Australian International Motor Show in Melbourne could also be on the cards.
Available in both five-door and three-door Coupe form, Australia's Evoque range will kick off with the $53,395 TD4 Evoque Pure five-door, topping out at $77,395 for the Si4 Presige Evoque Coupe. (All prices exclude on-road costs.)
The Evoque's opening price cuts the cost of entry into the Range Rover line-up by a huge $46,606, with the Range Rover Sport TDV6 currently priced at $99,900.
At launch, the Evoque will be offered with three turbocharged engine options, starting with the TD4 110kW 2.2 litre turbodiesel. A 140kW SD4 version of the same engine will drive the mid-range options.
Both diesel engine variants will be partnered with a 4WD configuration, although a 2WD eD4 model will become the new entry-level offering - likely with an even lower price - when it arrives in 2012.
Topping the range when it launches in November will be the 177kW 2.0 litre turbocharged Si4 petrol engine, a version of Ford's EcoBoost engine.
Land Rover promises a 0-100km/h time of 7.6 seconds for the Si4-powered variants, each fitted exclusively with 4WD and a six-speed automatic transmission.
In place of a traditional trim hierarchy, customers can choose from three distinct design themes: Pure, Dynamic and the top-shelf Prestige.
Pure is described as the "purest expression" of the Evoque's LRX concept predecessor, distinguised by a black tailgate badge, high-gloss black detailing, a dark 'Atlas' finish to the grill and fender blades and - on the Coupe - bonnet louvres.
Pure models are fitted with 17-inch Sparkle Silver alloy wheels and LED front fog lamps.
Inside, the Pure gets leather/Dinamica seat trim (made from 100 percent recycled polyester), along with satin brushed aluminium highlights for the centre console.
Standard features include a five-inch colour audio display, an eight-speaker sound system and a five-inch TFT Driver Information Centre.
There is also climate control, push-button start, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity and audio streaming. An Oxford Leather-trimmed steering wheel with mounted phone, audio and cruise controls round out the main features.
Handling and safety features include Hill Launch Assist, rear parking sensors and, on 4WD models, Terrain Response and Hill Descent Control.
The Dynamic specification brings out the Evoque's sporting side, adding deeper body-coloured sills and bumpers, along with a unique exhaust design at the rear.
There is also a black finish to the side mirrors, grille and fender blades, along with a red Evoque tailgate badge. Propping up each corner are 19-inch Sparkle Silver alloy wheels.
Inside, the Evoque Dynamic gets aluminium pedal covers, a textured metal finish to the centre console and a perforated leather trim for the steering wheel and gearshift (in manual form).
Standard features mirror those offered with the Evoque Prestige, detailed below.
In Prestige trim, luxury is the order of the day. Outside, the Evoque Prestige gets bright 'Atlas' detailing, silver tailgate badging and 19-inch Diamond-Turned alloy wheels.
Inside, there's a full Oxford Leather interior, along with real wood finishers, tailored carpet mats and chrome tread plates.
Standard features include an eight-inch high-resolution touchscreen controlling a 380W Meridian sound system with 11 speakers and two USB ports.
The Prestige variant also gets xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights as standard.
All three variants are available with option packs, detailed below.
Dynamic Plus Pack
The Dynamic Plus pack adds a premium sports interior with one-piece sports seats, premium leathers and special metal finishers.
The pack includes an Ebony headliner with heated seats and 8/8 way adjustment, including memory.
Two interior themes are available: Velocity (Ebony), or Agility (Red).
Dynamic Plus Pack is only available on Dynamic models and has an additional charge of $7200
Pure with Tech Pack
Many of the key technology features available in the range have been brought together in a Tech Pack for the Pure variant.
- eight-inch high resolution touchscreen
- 380 watt Meridian sound system
- Audio connectivity system
- Customer configurable interior mood lighting
- Pure Grained full leather seats
- Carpet mat set
- 18-inch Style 2 Sparkle Silver Alloy Wheels
The Tech Pack adds $4,500 to the standard Pure prices.
Prestige and Dynamic Tech Pack
- HDD Premium navigation system including 4x4 information
- Hard disc drive audio server for 10 CD storage and DVD play
- Say what you see voice control
- Headlamp power wash
- Power Tailgate
- Illuminated Treadplates
- Loadspace stowage rails
- Front Parking Aid
- Rear view camera including hitch guidance
- Advanced climate control with air filtration, air quality sensor and automatic recirculation
The Tech Pack for Prestige and Dynamic models costs an extra $5,900
Pricing and Availability
The Range Rover Evoque will be available in Australia from November. The entry-level eD4 2WD will arrive in 2012.
Coupe variants add $1500 to the prices below. All prices are Manufacturer's List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
2012 Range Rover Evoque TD4 110kW 6-Speed Manual 4WD
- TD4 Pure 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $53,395
- TD4 Dynamic 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $66,895
- TD4 Prestige 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $68,895
2012 Range Rover Evoque SD4 140kW 6-Speed Manual 4WD
- SD4 Pure 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $57,395
- SD4 Dynamic 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $70,895
- SD4 Prestige 6 Speed Manual 4WD - $72,895
2012 Range Rover Evoque Si4 177kW 6-Speed Automatic 4WD
- Si4 Pure 6 Speed Automatic 4WD - $60,395
- Si4 Dynamic 6 Speed Automatic 4WD - $73,895
- Si4 Prestige 6 Speed Automatic 4WD - $75,895
Key Option Prices
- 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Drive select and Paddle Shift (TD4/SD4 only) - $2,480
- Pure Tech Pack (Mandatory fit to Pure models until November Production) - $4,500
- Prestige/Dynamic Tech Pack - $5,900
- Dynamic Plus Pack - $7,200
- HDD Navigation including 4x4 information and hard disc drive audio server. - $3,400
- Park Assist - $1,090
- Power Tailgate - $1,020
- Metallic Paint - $1,300
- Interested in buying LAND ROVER ? Visit our LAND ROVER showroom for more information.