The seven-seat Prius V has come in for a light makeover, gaining updated looks, new tech and - Toyota promises - improved ride and handling.
Pricing remains unchanged for the new model year, meaning the range once more consists of the $34,490 V and the $44,490 V i-Tech.
In the cabin, there’s a revised centre stack with upgraded audio and 6.1 inch touch-screen displays, and an updated instrument cluster with a new 4.2 inch multi-information display.
A six-speaker system is standard in the entry Prius V, with Bluetooth, USB and aux connectivity, along with the ability to play media from two connected devices in a jukebox-like arrangement.
Upgrading to the i-Tech adds the eight-speaker JBL audio package, digital radio, voice recognition and satellite navigation.
There’s also access to a range of apps as part of the Toyota Link infotainment system. These features include Destination Assist, which allows drivers to access the help of a human operator in finding a specific location - at a cost of $2.97 per use.
Other features unique to the i-Tech include Lane Departure Alert, which now also benefits from localised testing and tweaking by Toyota Australia.
The range’s Hill Start Assist has been upgraded to work automatically, without additional pedal input from the driver. In the i-Tech, the Adaptive Cruise Control and Pre-Collision Safety functions now present more overt warnings.
Power in the Prius V is again provided by a petrol-electric hybrid system, which matches a 73kW/142Nm 1.8 litre four-cylinder engine to a 60kW electric motor for a combined output of 100kW.
Matched to a CVT auto, the Prius V claims a combined cycle fuel consumption rating of 4.4 l/100km, with CO2 emissions of 101g/km.
Significant improvements to ride and handling are promised, thanks to redesigned dampers, revised damper curves and improved spring characteristics at the rear.
Toyota says that, together, these changes result in reduced road-shock over bumps, greater comfort and better handling stability, along with optimised noise, vibration and harshness characteristics.
2015 TOYOTA PRIUS V FEATURES
- Vehicle stability control, traction control
- Seven airbags
- ABS with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Reversing camera
- Cruise control
- Tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Hill-start assist control
- Display audio with 6.1-inch touch-screen, six speakers
- 4.2-inch colour multi-information display
- Power mirrors (heated), mirrors and door locks
- 16-inch alloy wheels with full wheel covers
- Automatic air-conditioning
- LED daytime running lamps
- Emergency stop lamps
- Engine immobiliser
- EV/Eco/Power modes
- Front and rear foglamps
- Head-up display
- Lithium-ion battery
- Halogen headlamps (manual levelling)
- Power lumbar adjustment: driver's seat
- 4.2-inch TFT multi-information display
- Steering-wheel switches (MID, telephone, audio)
- Smart entry and start (keyless)
- Regenerative brake system
Prius v i-Tech
- Toyota Link connected mobility
- Destination download
- Local search
- Toyota help
- Satellite navigation with added Toyota Link apps:
- Destination Assist (pay per use)
- "Navigate to" for Destination Download, Local Search and Fuel Finder
- Digital (DAB) radio
- Bi-LED headlamps (auto levelling)
- Pre-collision safety system
- Lane departure alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Auto high beam
- 8-speaker JBL sound system
- Intelligent park assist
- Electrochromatic rear-view mirror
- Panoramic roof with power shade
- Leather-accented trim
- Heated front seats
- Water-repelling front side glass
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- Prius V - $34,490
- Prius V i-Tech - $44,490
Metallic, pearl paint - $450
- Interested in buying SEAT ? Visit our SEAT showroom for more information.