Nissan has at last detailed Australian pricing and specifications for its new D23 ‘NP300’ Navara pickup, first unveiled in June last year.
Due in Australian showrooms from June, the new Navara range will launch from $26,490 and top out at $54,490 plus on-roads for the initial dual-cab pickup range. (See estimated drive-away prices at bottom of article.)
The new D23 NP300 Navara will be offered with DX, RX, ST and ST-X models, along with a range of three engines, rear- and four-wheel-drive, three cab and two chassis styles, and two transmissions.
In all, there’s 27 variants on offer.
The tubbed dual-cab Navara models will be available from May, while the single-cab (cab chassis), king-cab (pick-up utility and cab chassis) and dual-cab (cab chassis) grades will land in the third quarter.
Pricing for those upcoming models will be revealed closer to launch.
The new Navara will face-off a familiar spread of rivals: the popular Toyota Hilux and Mitsubishi Triton (both due for replacement soon, the latter in May), along with the Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50, Isuzu D-Max, Holden Colorado and Volkswagen Amarok.
The new Navara is sourced from Thailand, where Nissan has built a new facility in Samut Prakarn with a production capacity of around 75,000 units per year. Nissan’s existing Thailand facilities increase that number to around 370,000 per year.
Engine options in the new Navara range will include two diesels and one petrol option.
The range opens with a 122kW/238Nm 2.5 litre four-cylinder petrol engine in the DX, matched to a rear-wheel-drive layout and six-speed manual transmission. A seven-speed auto can be optioned at a $2500 premium.
Nissan’s new 2.3 litre diesel drives the rest of the line-up, with the YS23DDT single-turbo RX offering 120kW and 403Nm, while the YS23DDTT twin-turbo ST and ST-X models deliver a meaner 140kW and 450Nm of torque.
Nissan has dropped the powerful 170kW/550Nm V6 turbodiesel for this generation, as it can no longer satisfy tightening emissions regulations.
Likewise, the 2.5 litre diesel for some overseas markets won't make it to Australia - it's now only for markets requiring Euro IV compliance.
Fuel figures are still to be confirmed, although Nissan claims the switch to a smaller diesel will result in fuel consumption savings of around 11 percent for the lower-output unit, while the more powerful twin-turbo will return savings of up to 19 percent.
RX, ST and ST-X models can be had in 4x2 and 4x4 configurations, along with six-speed manual and seven-speed auto transmissions.
Dual-cab pickup models feature a five-link rear suspension setup, while others in the range continue with a leaf spring arrangement.
Braked towing capacity is listed at 3500kg for all diesel models, while petrol models list a lower 1588kg.
Payload capacity ranges from 880 to 1112kg, depending on the model and configuration.
|D23 NP300 Navara||Power/Torque||Fuel Use (l/100km)||CO2 (g/km)|
|DX 2WD manual petrol dual cab||122kW / 238Nm||9.9||230|
|DX 2WD automatic petrol dual cab||122kW / 238Nm||9.7||225|
|RX 2WD manual diesel dual cab||120kW / 403Nm||6.4||169|
|RX 2WD automatic diesel dual cab||120kW / 403Nm||6.9||183|
|ST 2WD manual diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.3||166|
|ST 2WD automatic diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.8||179|
|ST-X 2WD manual diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.3||166|
|ST-X 2WD automatic diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.8||179|
|RX 4WD manual diesel dual cab||120kW / 403Nm||6.6||174|
|RX 4WD automatic diesel dual cab||120kW / 403Nm||7.1||187|
|ST 4WD manual diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.5||172|
|ST 4WD automatic diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||7.0||186|
|ST-X 4WD manual diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||6.5||172|
|ST-X 4WD automatic diesel dual cab||140kW / 450Nm||7.0||186|
Key features of the new Navara, depending on specification, include a seven-inch touch display screen with reversing camera, Bluetooth, sunroof, adjustable tie-downs in the tub and rear air-conditioning vents in dual-cab models.
ST and ST-X models get LED headlights and NissanConnect infotainment, while the ST-X adds Nissan Intelligent Key and push-button engine start.
Standard safety features include seven airbags, active brake limited slip, hill-start assist and hill descent control.
All dual-cab pickup models get ventilated disc front brakes, rear drum brakes, independent double wishbone front suspension with front stabiliser bar, five-link rear suspension with shock absorber and power steering.
Wheels are 18-inch alloys on ST-X, 16 inch alloys on ST, 16 inch steel wheels on RX and 15 inch steel wheels on DX. Each model also has a full-size spare wheel and tyre.
NP300 Navara DX
- Silver front grille (Single cab chassis only)
- Chrome front grille
- Body coloured front bumper
- Black door mirrors & handles
- Chrome rear bumper (Dual Cab only)
- Electric door mirror adjustment
- Two-speed & variable intermittent wipers
- Power steering
- Manual tilting steering wheel
- Automatic on/off headlights - twilight detection
- Power windows with driver auto up/down
- Central door locking with anti-lock out
- Key lock on fuel lid (Dual Cab only)
- Cruise control
- Drive computer with monochrome display
- Cloth seat trim
- Manual adjusting front seats
- Fixed front door pocket with bottle holder
- Fixed rear door pocket with bottle holder (Dual and King Cab)
- Centre console box
- Soft-touch front centre armrest
- Roof console with map lamp, sunglass holder, mood light and microphone
- Front passenger assist grips on A-pillar and roof
- Rear seat assist grips on B-pillar and roof (Dual Cab only)
- Front door step lamps
- Cloth door trim with silver finishers
- Vinyl floor material
- Front cup holders (4) in console and side
- Single manual AC with pollen filter
- Four speaker 2-DIN audio system with AUX & USB (Six speakers in Dual Cab)
- Bluetooth hands-free phone
- Front & rear mud guards (Dual Cab only)
- Tie-down hooks inside bed (Dual Cab only)
- 15-inch steel wheels
- Full-size steel spare wheel
- Ventilated disc brakes (front); drum (rear)
- Front, side, curtain airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Three-point seatbelts with warning for all seats
- ABS, VDC, EBD & BA
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL) in bumper
NP300 Navara RX adds
- Chrome door handles, chrome door mirrors
- Rear door privacy glass (King Cab and Dual Cab)
- Rear window privacy glass (King Cab and Dual Cab)
- Rear Power Sliding Window (King Cab and Dual Cab)
- Rear window defroster
- Remote keyless entry
- Electromagnetic lock on fuel lid
- Front sun visors with illuminated vanity mirror
- Rear seat flip-up function (King Cab and Dual Cab)
- Glove box
- Rear roof light in centre
- Chrome interior door handles
- Carpet floors
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Vehicle Security System alarm
NP300 Navara ST adds
- Electric folding and heated door mirrors
- Automatic dimming rear-view mirror
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights in headlamp assembly
- Auto levelling headlights
- Front fog-lamps with chrome finisher
- Premium steering wheel with silver finisher
- Premium gear shift lever
- Premium handbrake lever
- Advanced Drive-Assist Display
- Compass in rear-view mirror
- Gloss-black centre cluster finish
- Display audio with 5-inch display
- NissanConnect Smartphone Connectivity
- Wide-body over fenders
- Side steps
- Differential lock (4WD)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Rear view camera
- Alloy Sports bar
NP300 Navara ST-X adds
- Door mirror LED side turning signals
- Intelligent key (I-Key)
- Engine start button
- Leather-accented seats
- Power adjusting driver seat with lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Front seatback storage pockets
- Foot well lamp
- 2-piece rear personal lamps
- Premium door trim
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- Digital display with HVAC control
- Satellite Navigation with 7-inch touch screen display
- SD card slot for map updates
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Tilt & slide electric sunroof
- Silver roof rails
- 2 Channel Utili-Track System
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size alloy spare wheel
- Active Brake Limited Slip (4WD)
- Hill Descent Control (4WD)
- Hill Start Assist (4WD)
- Rear parking sensors
- Tub liner
- Carpet Mats
PRICING (Nissan's estimated drive-away price in brackets)
- DX 2WD manual petrol dual cab - $26,490 ($29,977.00)
- DX 2WD automatic petrol dual cab - $28,990 ($32,553.00)
- RX 2WD manual diesel dual cab - $32,990 ($36,681.00)
- RX 2WD automatic diesel dual cab - $35,490 ($39,265.00)
- ST 2WD manual diesel dual cab - $38,990 ($42,873.00)
- ST 2WD automatic diesel dual cab - $41,490 ($45,457.00)
- ST-X 2WD manual diesel dual cab - $44,990 ($49,065.00)
- ST-X 2WD automatic diesel dual cab - $47,490 ($51,649.00)
- RX 4WD manual diesel dual cab - $39,990 ($43,905.00)
- RX 4WD automatic diesel dual cab - $42,490 ($46,489.00)
- ST 4WD manual diesel dual cab - $45,990 ($50,097.00)
- ST 4WD automatic diesel dual cab - $48,490 ($52,681.00)
- ST-X 4WD manual diesel dual cab - $51,990 ($56,289.00)
- ST-X 4WD automatic diesel dual cab - $54,490 ($58,873.00)
Note: Nissan bases its drive-away estimates on Victorian data. Speak with your local dealer for a drive-away price specific to your region.
Note: International model shown. Australian photos still to come.