UK mag Autocar spoke recently with Infiniti design chief Shiro Nakamura, who it says confirmed the model’s March 2013 debut.
The new model is expected to continue the current range of sedan, coupe, and convertible bodystyles, but only the sedan is likely to debut in Geneva.
Nakamura reportedly asserted that the model will be "much sportier and more dynamic than the current car".
As part of the partnership between Infiniti-parent Renault Nissan, and Mercedes-parent Daimler, the match-up could give the new G a range of configurations to better tackle the BMW 3 Series and Audi A4.
The current-generation Infiniti G uses a variation of Nissan’s FM platform, with engine choices limited to relatively large petrol and diesel V6’s.
This existing Infiniti G will launch locally in November, in coupe and convertible form, following the brand’s recent return to the Australian market.
Australia will wait until the next generation for a sedan model however, with a local launch not likely before 2014.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Infiniti news and reviews | G news and reviews
- Prestige Car news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews | Green Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying INFINITI ? Visit our INFINITI showroom for more information.