If Walkinshaw Performance’s recent 497kW/955Nm W497 supercharger pack just wasn’t enough to get your blood pumping, the tuning house is back with an even more compelling offer.
Announced today, the Walkinshaw Racing Limited Edition Supercharger Package offers as much as 550kW and 980Nm when matched with HSV’s 6.2 litre V8.
That means any of the suitably equipped E-Series and Gen-F models offered from 2006 to 2014.
The deal isn’t exclusive to those halo HSVs however, with any 6.0 litre VE or VF Commodore also entitled to the upgrade with 500kW and 800Nm on offer.
“From the beginning of this process, our goal was to engineer the most powerful upgrade to date for a road car from WPP without compromising driveability” Walkinshaw Performance GM Tony Harris said.
Along with the supercharger setup, the package also includes a camshaft upgraded, selected off the back of “thousands of hours” of testing and development.
The company has not offered any performance figures for its new package, but - if it can keep traction sorted - we might expect an improvement on the GTS sedan's already impressive 4.4 second sprint to 100km/h.
Limited to just 50 examples, the supercharger pack is priced at $24,490 supplied and fitted.
For those dollars, the price of a featured-packed light car, Walkinshaw will also provide a full driveline warranty - an offer that the famed tuning house claims is an industry first for any combined supercharger and camshaft package.
The Walkinshaw Racing Limited Edition Supercharger Package goes on sale on October 15, available through the company’s national reseller network.
- Limited Edition WPP 230 Supercharger with Unique Top Cover
- Large high flow injectors
- Eaton Twin Vortices 2300 Series (TVS) Gen VI rotors
- Water to air intercooler package
- Custom moulded heater hoses
- Cast aluminium coil covers
- Unique Walkinshaw Performance injection moulded cold air intake package
- Heavy duty serpentine belt drive system utilizing Goodyear ‘Gatorback’ belt
- 12” long intake runners
- Custom moulded intercooler hoses
- Self-contained oil system
- Walkinshaw Racing Limited Edition Plaque signed by all the current V8 Supercar drivers
- Individual build numbers integrated into the top cover
- WPP Camshaft and Valve Spring Upgrade
- OEM Spec Camshaft
- Cam Sprocket
- Crank Bolt
- Camshaft Bolt Set
- Valve Spring Retainers
- Valve Stem Locks
- Valve Springs Beehive Style
- Full dyno tune from an authorised Walkinshaw Performance Centre
- WPP Ceramic Coated Headers
- WPP Dual Active Cat Back Exhaust
- WPP Drive Line Warranty
- Walkinshaw Racing Edition Decals
- Walkinshaw Racing Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity
- SP2245 Tool Kit with WP Racing Decal
- VE & VF 6.0 litre, 2006-2014
- HSV E Series & Gen-F, 6.2ltr 2006-2014