The local MINI line continues to grow. Following the announcement earlier this month of the entry-level Ray, MINI Australia has today announced availability of the Countryman SD.
Entering the range in two variants, the ALL4-equipped SD starts at $52,100 for the SD ALL4 Countryman and tops out at $57,835 for the Chilli package - the most expensive model in the Countryman line-up.
Unveiled internationally earlier this year, the local debut of the diesel-powered Countryman SD follows the Countryman's Australian launch in February.
Power for the Countryman SD is provided by a 2.0 version of the 1.6 litre diesel engine powering the regular D variants. Along with the size boost, power has also grown to 105kW and 305Nm - an increase of 25kW and 65Nm respectively.
All of MINI's SD models are equipped with brake energy regeneration technology, along with an auto stop/start system, Shift Point display, electric power steering, a diesel particulate filter and an oxidation catalytic converter.
The 0-100km/h sprint is covered in 9.4 seconds, and fuel consumption is listed at 4.9 l/100km.
Both variants are equipped with Dynamic Stability Control and Dynamic Traction Control, and standard safety equipment includes six airbags, three-point inertia-reel seatbelts all-round and a Tyre Defect Indicator.
Features include 17-inch alloy wheels, Park Distance Control (rear), Bluetooth and USB connectivity, MINI Radio Boost CD, rain sensor and automatic headlight control, sports leather steering wheel and sports seats for the driver and front passenger.
The Countryman SD is just the tip of the iceberg for MINI's sports-oriented diesel models, with Cooper, Cabrio and Clubman versions revealed back in February. An Australian debut for these models has yet to be revealed, however.
Both the Cooper D and Cooper SD versions of the Countryman are due to arrive in Australian showrooms in May this year.
- Cooper Countryman - $37,700
- Cooper Countryman Chilli - $43,100
- Cooper S Countryman - $47,500
- Cooper S Countryman Chilli - $53,150
- Cooper S ALL4 Countryman - $50,400
- Cooper S ALL4 Countryman Chilli - $56,050
- MINI Cooper D Countryman - $40,950
- MINI Cooper D Countryman Chilli - $46,350
- MINI Cooper D ALL4 Countryman - $43,850
- MINI Cooper D All4 Countryman Chilli - $49,250
- MINI Cooper SD ALL4 Countryman - $52,100
- MINI Cooper SD ALL4 Countryman Chilli - $57,835
Note: pricing is Manufacturer's List Price and does not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Interested in buying MINI COUNTRYMAN? Visit our MINI COUNTRYMAN showroom for more information.