Mercedes-Benz Australia has added a new and more affordable model to its list of eight-seat people-moving options, introducing the diesel-powered Valente this week.
The mid-spec Valente is powered by a 2.1 litre four-cylinder CDI diesel engine, rather than the 165kW/440Nm 3.0 litre diesel six that drives the Viano.
In the Valente, the diesel engine produces 120kW and 360Nm of torque. Paired with a five-speed automatic transmission, the engine delivers fuel consumption figures of 8.2 l/100km on the combined cycle.
This is up from the Vito Wagon's output, which utilises the same engine and transmission pairing and lists the same fuel consumption figures, but delivers 110kW and 320Nm of torque.
Seating eight, the Valente offers 730 litres of storage space in the rear. Braked towing is listed at 2000kg, and unbraked at 750kg.
Standard features include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, parktronic assist, light and rain sensors, iPod/USB/Aux audio connectivity, Bluetooth phone connectivity, leather steering wheel with steering-mounted controls, tinted windows and carpeted flooring. Safety features include front window and thorax airbags.
COMAND APS Satellite Navigation with reversing camera (EJ6+FR8) MLP - $4,490
- 6.5” TFT Colour screen, reversing camera, Bluetooth telephone control, 4GB Internal memory, SD Memory card slot, HDD Based navigation, speed sensitive volume control, FM, AM, RDS, CD, DVD, MP3, WMA, LINGUATRONIC.
Dual electric sliding doors (T56, T57) MLP - $2,490
- Electrically operated power doors, remote opening, obstruction sensor, activation switch on dash/key/b-pillar.
Bi-xenon headlamps (LG1, LG3, F46) MLP - $1,590
- Outstanding road illumination, corner illumination when steering wheel is turned, LED daytime running lights included, less energy consumption.
Vehicle alarm system (FZ5) MLP - $590
- Audible and visual alarm, triggered by tampering with the vehicle.
The range now kicks off at $49,990 (plus on-roads) for the Vito Wagon, followed by the Valente at $54,490 and the range-topping Viano at $70,946.
- Interested in buying MERCEDES-BENZ VALENTE? Visit our MERCEDES-BENZ VALENTE showroom for more information.