Undertaken by Australian company Roy Morgan Research, the ‘Single Source’ survey polls more than 50,000 consumers throughout the year, with each annual winner determined by an average of the monthly results.
For 2014, winners across the Australian retail and service sector included Lexus, Autobarn, David Jones, The Good Guys, Apple, Aldi and the Commonwealth Bank, among 30 others.
For Lexus, its win in 2014 marks a return to form, after winning the inaugural award in 2011.
The brand had dropped out of the top five in the following year, which was won by Mercedes-Benz, but Lexus managed a strong second place behind Volvo in 2013.
The Japanese luxury marque found little trouble asserting itself last year, however, dominating the customer satisfaction survey for the first 10 months, while Renault claimed top spot in the last two.
"This combines well with the Lexus covenant: 'treat every customer as you would a guest in your own home',” Lexus Australia boss Sean Hanley said.
"And with the excitement and enjoyment we've been injecting into our range - including our recently launched RC and NX Lines - we believe that we'll continue to satisfy a growing number of Australian customers in the future.”
Customer Satisfaction Awards 2014 - Winners
- Car Manufacturer of the Year - Lexus
- Bank of the Year - P&N Bank
- Building Society of the Year - Greater Building Society
- Credit Union of the Year - People's Choice Credit Union
- General Insurer of the Year - Defence Service Homes Insurance
- Industry Superannuation Fund of the Year - ESSSuper
- Retail Superannuation Fund of the Year - Plum
- Major Bank of the Year - Commonwealth Bank
- Major Business Bank of the Year - Westpac
- Private Health Insurer of the Year - CBHS
- Risk & Life Insurer of the Year - Insuranceline
- Business Bank of the Year - Bendigo Bank
- Business Insurer of the Year - NRMA
- Business Superannuation Manager of the Year - REST Super
- Auto Store of the Year - Autobarn
- Chemist/Pharmacy of the Year - Guardian
- Clothing Store of the Year - Suzanne Grae
- Coffee Shop of the Year - Michel's Patisserie
- Department Store of the Year - David Jones
- Discount Department Store of the Year - Target
- Discount Variety Store of the Year - The Reject Shop
- Furniture/Electrical Store of the Year - The Good Guys
- Hardware Store of the Year - True Value Hardware
- Quick Service Restaurant of the Year - Crust Pizza
- Service Station of the Year - Gull
- Shoe Store of the Year - Betts/Betts Kids
- Sports Store of the Year - SportsPower
- Supermarket of the Year - Aldi
- Mobile Phone Handset Provider of the Year - Apple
- Home Phone Provider of the Year - Southern Phone
- Home Internet Service Provider of the Year - Internode
- Mobile Phone Service Provider of the Year - Amaysim
- Domestic Airline of the Year - Qantas
- Domestic Business Travel Airline of the Year - Qantas
- International Airline of the Year - Singapore Airlines
- Electricity Provider of the Year - ActewAGL
- Gas Provider of the Year - Red Energy