The new models are based on the Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, the Wrangler Overland and the Sport CVT grades of the Patriot and Compass.
Joining an onslaught of ‘black edition’ models released in recent weeks, the new specials pick up black wheels, black trim accents and black roof rails, among other tweaks.
The Grand Cherokee Blackhawk, available with 3.6 petrol and 3.0 diesel and an eight-speed auto, gets a gunmetal finish to the headlight bezels and a grey satin coat to the tail lights, along with black highlights all round.
The look, which adds a $2000 premium, also includes a pair of bright silver exhaust tips and a set of 20-inch black alloys. In the cabin, there’s a combination suede/leather seat trim with black stitching.
The Wrangler Blackhawk, which also attracts a $2000 premium, gains dark tinted windows and a gloss-black finish to the tyre cover and removable hard top. There’s also leather seats and a black-stitched leather steering wheel.
The Compass and Patriot specials also get 17-inch alloys along with the black exterior highlights.
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- Patriot Blackhawk - 4×2 2.0-litre CVT - $28,990
- Compass Blackhawk - 4×2 2.0-litre CVT - $30,200
- Wrangler Blackhawk - two-door - $45,000
- Wrangler Blackhawk - four-door - $49,000
- Grand Cherokee Blackhawk - petrol - $50,000
- Grand Cherokee Blackhawk - diesel - $55,000
- Interested in buying JEEP ? Visit our JEEP showroom for more information.