Largely a cosmetic upgrade, the Blackhawk package brings with it plenty of high-gloss black trim, black wheels and other blacked-out body bits.
For the Cherokee Blackhawk, which is based on the Longitude spec, it also brings an infotainment upgrade - the 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen that's standard on the higher-grade Limited and Trailhawk replaces the Longitude's 5.0-inch display.
The Cherokee Blackhawk features the following upgrades over the standard Cherokee Longitude:
- Blackhawk-exclusive gloss black painted 18-inch alloy wheels
- 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment system with DAB+ digital radio
- Gloss black lower front fascia surround, grille lower front fascia applique
- Gloss black upper rear fascia and lower rear fascia applique
- Gloss black roof rails
- Gloss black side window surrounds and side sill cladding
- Gloss black badging on bonnet and liftgate
- Blackhawk boot badge
The Grand Cherokee Blackhawk returns, having first undergone the Blackhawk treatment back in late 2014.
Based on the Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, the Grand Cherokee Blackhawk can be had with either a 210kW/347Nm 3.6 litre petrol V6 or a 184kW/550Nm 3.0 litre diesel V6.
For a premium of $2000 over the cost of the base Laredo, the Blackhawk package adds the following:
- Blackhawk-exclusive 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels painted high-gloss black
- Body colour lower front fascia with gloss black applique
- Body colour seven-slot Jeep grille with gloss black surrounds and platinum chrome vents
- Body colour lower rear fascia, wheel arch flares and side sill cladding
- Tinted side glass
- Dual bright exhaust tips
- Gunmetal front headlamp bezels
- Gloss black front fog lamp bezels
- Gloss black rear tail lamp bezels
- Gloss black rear step pad
- Black roof mouldings instead of standard roof rails
- Gloss black badging on bonnet and tailgate
- Black Capri leather seat upholstery with perforated suede inserts and black accent stitching and Heated front seats
- Silver anodized interior paint finishes
The Cherokee Blackhawk retails from $41,000, while the Grand Cherokee Blackhawk costs $50,500 and $56,500 for the V6 petrol and V6 diesel respectively.