Infiniti has already pointed to a 2014 or 2015 production debut for its own Nissan Leaf-based electric sedan, but we'll get a first look at the new model next month when it debuts at the New York Auto Show in concept form.
Promising "a bold new design" and the same luxury-angled appointments offered with the current line-up, Infiniti has revealed little else about the new car.
According to a new report this week from US website The Detroit Bureau, however, the small EV will get a bigger battery than the 24kWh pack that energises the Leaf - with the extra juice intended to deliver higher performance rather than an extended range.
The car will be "more aggressive" in both looks and driving experience, Infiniti marketing manager Sam Chung reportedly told the website.
“It was designed to be a luxury vehicle first and an electric vehicle second,” Chung added.
Expect the new small sedan to borrow styling concepts from the the G sedan and coupe range, while previewing the next generation of Infiniti styling - such as the Emerg-E showcar.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Infiniti news and reviews | Nissan Leaf news and reviews
- Prestige Car news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews | Green Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying INFINITI ? Visit our INFINITI showroom for more information.