Infiniti's new electric concept is a Nissan Leaf for the luxury set, and it is expected to hit showrooms in the next two years.
Skipping the clever electric puns, this new small sedan is named, simply, LE. Specs haven't been revealed, although Infiniti has confirmed that the LE shares its platform with the Leaf hatch.
The LE is expected to utilise the same 90kW/280Nm electric motor that drives that Leaf. Infiniti says the small sedan will get more of a performance bent than its Nissan stablemate, and a larger battery will reportedly replace the existing 90kWh pack.
The concept's styling is unlikely to evolve a great deal in the transition to production, and we can expect the LE's heavy character lines and coupe-like profile to inform the design of the next G midsizer and M large sedan.
The LE is not the first Infiniti to feature the curved-back C-pillar design however, with the Essence coupe debuting the theme back in 2009, and the new JX SUV bringing the look to production.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Infiniti news and reviews | LE news and reviews
- Prestige Car news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews | Green Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying INFINITI ? Visit our INFINITI showroom for more information.