Hyundai will have another tilt at the World Rally Championship in the coming year, marking its first factory-backed run since exiting the series in 2003.
This confirms reports from earlier this year that the carmaker was planning a return to the WRC, although details of its i20 racer are still to be revealed.
It is known however that power will be provided by a 1.6 litre turbocharged engine, matched with an all-wheel-drive layout and a sequential transmission - all required under FIA regulations.
“The World Rally Championship is recognized as one of the most dramatic sporting series on earth”, Hyundai Motor Europe's Mark Hall said.
“It’s a spectacle filled with excitement and dynamism - the perfect embodiment of the Hyundai brand.”
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- i20 news and reviews | Hyundai news and reviews
- Light Car news and reviews
- Rally news | Racing news | Enthusiasts
- Interested in buying HYUNDAI I20? Visit our HYUNDAI I20 showroom for more information.