The new package brings more than $7000 worth of additional value for a premium of between $3000 and $4000 over the regular prices.
Across the range, the SV Black Edition (SV BE) models get matte-black paintouts on the front and sides, adding an even more aggressive look to HSV's 'Vector' hood scoops and side gills. The ClubSport R8 also gets a subtle bootlid lip-spoiler.
Each SV BE model gets all-new 20-inch forged and staggered alloy wheels finished in a gloss black design. On the ClubSport R8, the new wheels are complements by HSV's performance suspension and each variant also gets HSV's bi-model exhaust system.
The story remains unchanged under the bonnet, but we suspect there will be few buyers unhappy with the 317kW 6.2 litre Gen-IV LS3 V8 engine.
In the cabin, the SV Black Edition HSVs get a unique finish to the console, instrument panel and steering wheel. Other interior features include special edition sill plates, Onyx leather trim and a build plate identifying each car.
Available in Alto Grey, Nitrate, Sting, Heron and Phantom Black, the build of the SV Black Edition is limited to just 100 ClubSport R8s, 100 Maloo R8s and 25 ClubSport R8 Tourers.
Pricing and Availability
The SV Black Edition is officially on-sale in September, and orders are being taken from July 1.
Recommended Retail Pricing ($A):
- ClubSport R8 SV Black Edition (manual) $71,990
- ClubSport R8 Tourer SV Black Edition (manual) $72,990
- Maloo R8 SV Black Edition (manual) $67,990
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select $2,000
- Liquid Propane Injection:
ClubSport R8 $5,990
Maloo R8 $6,390
- Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA) $1,990
- Interested in buying HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLES CLUBSPORT? Visit our HOLDEN SPECIAL VEHICLES CLUBSPORT showroom for more information.