Holden has this week put the new Colorado 7 SUV in the hands of local media for a shakedown of the two-model line-up ahead of its December showroom debut.
The big off-roading wagon will be offered in two familiar trim grades: the entry LT at $46,990, and the top-shelf LTZ at $50,490. Both prices exclude on-roads.
A number of weekend-warrior options will also be offered, including a 'Nullabor Accessories' pack priced at $4220.
Both models have Holden's 132kW/470Nm 2.8 litre diesel under the bonnet mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Fuel consumption is listed at 9.4 l/100km.
Holden says that while the Colorado 7 has much in common with the pickup version, the big wagon gets its own unique tune and a bias towards passenger comfort.
Down below there's a five-link live-axle rear suspension unique to the Colorado 7, and coil springs front and rear.
The ute and wagon both feature independent double-wishbones up front.
As expected, the Colorado 7 gets a part-time four-wheel-drive system operating through a selectable low- and high-ratio transfer case, 'shift on the fly' and a limited-slip differential. Hill Descent Control is also featured as standfard.
Steering is power-assisted rack and pinion; four-wheel disc brakes are standard and the rig offers a 3000kg braked towing capacity.
The Fine Details:
- Overall Length: 4878mm | Overall Width, inc mirrors: 2131mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 219mm (LT), 231mm (LTZ)
- Wheelbase: 2845mm | Track: 1570mm front, 1588mm rear
- Overhangs 948mm front, 1085mm rear
- Approach Angle (degrees): 30 | Departure Angle (degrees): 22
- Ramp Break-over Angle (degrees): 22
Standard features include a seven-seat layout, with 60/40 split-folding in the second row and a 50/50 split-fold for the third row. Both rows fold completely flat.
Rear storage is listed at 235 litres with the third row in place, and 878 litres with only the second row in place. With both stowed away, storage grows to 1830 litres.
Standard LT features:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Body coloured front and rear bumpers, door handles, mirrors with side turn signal
- Side steps
- Front fog lights
- Front and rear mudflaps
- Aluminium roof rails
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Bluetooth connectivity, USB and auxiliary, Six-speaker audio system
- Woven cloth seat trim
- Multifunction steering wheel controls
- Power windows with cloth trim door inserts and metallic spear mouldings
- Roof mounted rear air-conditioning controls with second and third row air vents
- 60/40 tumble fold removable second row seats, 50/50 folding third row seats
- Third row armrest storage
- Rear auxiliary power outlet and coat hooks
LTZ builds on LT features, with:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, front fog lights with chrome surround
- Chrome side window mouldings
- Body coloured door handles with chrome strip
- Chrome power folding side mirrors with side turn signal
- Leather seat trim
- Six-way electric adjustable driver’s seat
- Eight-speaker audio system with amplifier
- Single zone climate control
- Chrome interior door handles
- Gloss Piano Grey centre stack mouldings
- Chrome gear shifter
Standard safety and security features:
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Front airbags for driver and passenger, Full length curtain airbags
- Front seatbelt pretensioners with load limiters, Front seatbelt sash height adjust, Three rear seat child anchor points, Three-point seatbelts across all seven seats
- Rear Park Assist, Reversing camera
- Security alarm
The Colorado 7 carries a 5-Star ANCAP crash safety rating.
Holden Colorado 7 Genuine Holden Accessories List:
- Bonnet protector
- Steel bull bar
- Driving lamp package – rectangular
- Headlamp protectors
- Nudge bar – polished alloy
- Slimline weathershields
- Roof cross bars
- Roof spoiler
- Snorkel kit
- Chrome 50mm tow ball
- Tow bar kit
- Trailer harness
- Wheel lock nuts
- Anti-zap jumper leads
- Carpet floor mats
- Rubber floor mats
- First aid kit
- Safety triangle package
- Seat covers
- Cargo net
- Rigid cargo barrier
Holden Nullarbor Accessories Pack - $4220
- Bull bar
- Driving lamps
- Roof cross bars
- Tow bar kit
Colorado 7 LT - 6-speed AT - $46,990
Colorado 7 LTZ - 6-speed AT - $50,490
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Colorado 7 | Colorado | Holden | SUVs | 4WDs
- Family Cars | Wagons | AIMS