“Colorado 7 is the first true heavy duty off-roader to wear a Holden badge in around 10 years and matches the Colorado for genuine buyer appeal, bold design and advanced diesel engine technology," Holden's John Elsworth said in Sydney today.
Elsworth said that with SUV sales continuing to grow in Australia, the Colorado 7 will give Holden "another solid opportunity" to tap into that market.
The new 4WD will be offered in LT and LTZ trim grades, both driven by Holden's 132kW/470Nm 2.8 litre diesel and a six-speed automatic transmission.
Fuel consumption is listed at 9.4 l/100km.
Holden says that while the Colorado 7 has much in common with the pickup version, the big wagon gets its own unique tune and a bias towards passenger comfort.
The wagon's comfort credentials are boosted by a five-link live axle rear suspension arrangement unique to the Colorado 7, and coil springs front and rear.
The ute and wagon both feature independent double wishbone suspension up front.
As expected, the Colorado 7 gets a part-time four-wheel-drive system, including a transfer case with low- and high-ratio gears, 'shift on the fly' and a limited-slip differential. Hill Descent Control is also featured.
Steering is covered by a hydraulic power-assisted rack and pinion arrangement, and four-wheel disc brakes are standard.
Holden promises a 3000kg braked towing capacity for the Colorado 7.
The Fine Details:
- Overall Length: 4878mm
- Overall Width, including mirrors: 2131mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 219mm (LT), 231mm (LTZ)
- Wheelbase: 2845mm
- Overhangs 948mm front, 1085mm rear
- Track: 1570mm front, 1588mm rear
- Approach Angle (degrees): 30
- Departure Angle (degrees): 22
- Ramp Break-over Angle (degrees): 22
Standard features include a seven-seat layout, with 60/40 split-folding in the second row and a 50/50 split-fold for the third row. Both rows fold completely flat.
Rear storage is listed at 235 litres with the third row in place, and 878 litres with only the second row in place. With both stowed away, storage grows to 1830 litres.
Standard LT features include:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Body coloured front and rear bumpers, door handles, mirrors with side turn signal
- Side steps
- Front fog lights
- Front and rear mudflaps
- Aluminium roof rails
- Leather wrap steering wheel
- Bluetooth connectivity, USB and auxiliary, Six-speaker audio system
- Woven cloth seat trim
- Multifunction steering wheel controls
- Power windows with cloth trim door inserts and metallic spear mouldings
- Roof mounted rear air-conditioning controls with second and third row air vents
- 60/40 tumble fold removable second row seats, 50/50 folding third row seats
- Third row armrest storage
- Rear auxiliary power outlet and coat hooks
LTZ builds on LT features, with:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Projector headlamps, LED tail lamps, front fog lights with chrome surround
- Chrome side window mouldings
- Body coloured door handles with chrome strip
- Chrome power folding side mirrors with side turn signal
- Leather seat trim
- Six-way electric adjustable driver’s seat
- Eight-speaker audio system with amplifier
- Single zone climate control
- Chrome interior door handles
- Gloss Piano Grey centre stack mouldings
- Chrome gear shifter
Standard safety and security features:
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Front airbags for driver and passenger, Full length curtain airbags
- Front seatbelt pretensioners with load limiters, Front seatbelt sash height adjust, Three rear seat child anchor points, Three-point seatbelts across all seven seats
- Rear Park Assist, Reversing camera
- Security alarm
The Colorado 7 carries a 5-Star ANCAP crash safety rating.
Pricing and further details will be revealed closer to launch in December.
For more news and reviews on Holden, and related car types, see our links below.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Colorado 7 | Colorado | Holden | SUVs | 4WDs
- Family Cars | Wagons | AIMS
- Interested in buying HOLDEN COLORADO 7? Visit our HOLDEN COLORADO 7 showroom for more information.