Hennessey Performance Engineering HPE1000
The name is similar but no, it’s not a product of that well known French Cognac House. But, like a good Cognac, this just announced new Hennessey is going to leave a slight nutiness on your palate.
Not as much nutiness as the US engineering firm’s Hennessey Venom GT Hypercar, with 1244hp, a world speed record among its boasting rights and a sound system designed by Steven Tyler of Aerosmith fame.
The HPE1000 is expected to exhibit a milder more rounded nutiness, one that will have a broader appeal and the sort that can only be achieved with a more sensible 1000hp and seating for five.
To create the HPE1000, Hennessey Performance Engineering started with a 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan (SS Commodore in Australia), and replaced the stock LS3 V8 with a 1000hp twin-turbo version of GM’s 427ci (7.0 litre) LSX engine.
Unlike the auto only (for now) stock Chevrolet SS, you can order your HPE1000 with a suitably ‘fortified’ 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox. Hennessey also upgrade the suspension, wheels and tyres to deal with the added oomph.
The interior receives some ‘custom upgrades’ and the stock-looking exterior features some CarbonAero body components.
We don’t know how fast it goes - expect a video of a quarter-mile run at some stage - but the lessor Hennessey HPE600 (600hp) version of the Chevrolet SS can manage a goodly 11.84 second time.
We don't know what it costs either but expect a substantial premium over the donor car.
As an aside the HPE600 number 1 car is on the market right now and could be yours for what seems (to an Australian) a very reasonable US$65,000.
HPE1000 Features List
- 1000 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
The HPE1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
- 427 cid LSX Engine
- Forged Low Compression Pistons
- Forged Steel Connecting Rods
- Callies 4340 Forged Steel Crank
- Balanced and Blueprinted
- ARP Main Studs & Head Bolts
- CNC Ported Cylinder Heads
- Upgraded Valvetrain Parts
- Custom HPE Camshaft
- FAST LSX Intake Manifold
- Upgraded Fuel Injectors
- Upgraded Fuel System (Includes Lines, Rails & Pump)
- Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
- Dual Wastegates
- Electronic Boost Controller
- Stainless Steel Piping and Exhaust
- Air-to-Air Intercooler
- High-Flow K&N Air Filter
- 160 Degree Thermostat
- Professional Installation
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Hennessey HPE1000 Exterior Badging
- Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
- Hennessey Premium Floormats
- 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Required Transmission Upgrade:
- 6 Speed Manual: Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Upgrade
- Automatic: Performance Build & Torque Converter Upgrade
Additional Appearance and Performance Options:
- Premium Wheel & Tire Packages
- Suspension & Brake Upgrades
- Transmission & Driveline Upgrades
- Headers & Exhaust Upgrades
- Custom Interior Upgrades
- CarbonAero™ Body Components
- Carbon Fiber Trim Accents
- Alcantara Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Interested in buying CHEVROLET ? Visit our CHEVROLET showroom for more information.