Ford’s refreshed 2015 Focus ST hatch will hit Australian showrooms on May 1, priced from $38,990 plus on-road costs.
The updated hot hatch’s pricing marks a $700 increase over the outgoing model’s starting point, although a number of mechanical enhancements are also packed into the 2015 ST.
Headlining those changes are new chassis control systems that include tweaked drive functions, a re-tuned suspension package and revised steering.
There are all-new springs at the front and a new shock absorber tune at both ends; front and rear suspension bushes have also been made stiffer.
Changes have also been made to the ST’s Electronic Power Assisted Steering system, and the Dynamic Stability Control system is upgraded to include new Enhanced Transitional Stability tech, relying on an array of sensors to detect a loss of control and apply the brakes at whichever corner requires assistance.
Power is again provided by Ford’s 184kW and 340Nm (360Nm via the 15-second overboost function) turbocharged 2.0 litre EcoBoost engine, which now also gains auto stop-start technology.
As a result, fuel consumption drops slightly to 7.3 l/100km, down from 7.4 l/100km in the outgoing model.
As with the regular Focus range, a number of styling tweaks debut with the updated ST, including new lights at the front and rear, a subtly reshaped grille and a more sculpted bonnet design.
Cosmetic updates continue in the cabin where the 2015 Focus ST gets a new dash layout with fewer buttons, and a new flat-bottomed steering wheel.
Ford’s Sync 2 infotainment system is also on board, with the eight-inch colour screen offering access to audio, navigation, climate control and mobile phones via voice control.
An optional $2000 Technology Pack will again be offered, adding Active City Stop, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Keeping Aid, Lane Departure Warning, Driver Impairment Monitor and Auto High Beam Headlamps.
TMR will drive the 2015 Focus ST on April 30. Watch for our ‘first drive’ review, and see our reviews of the current range at the links below.
2015 Focus ST Highlights
- 184 kW / 340 Nm3 2.0-litre GTDi EcoBoost engine (360 Nm with overboost)
- 6-speed Durashift manual transmission (standard)
- New colour 18" alloy wheels (8"x18")
- Red Front and Rear Brake Callipers
- Now 7 exterior colours - Tangerine Scream, Stealth (grey) - New for LZ Focus ST, Race Red, Frozen White, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Deep Impact Blue
- Partial leather sports seats - Recaro branded
- Ford MyKey
- Ford SYNC2. with 8" colour touch screen
- Illuminated ST branded scuff plates
- Ambient Lighting
- Interested in buying FORD FOCUS? Visit our FORD FOCUS showroom for more information.