Ferrari has revealed its hotly anticipated and hugely enhanced track version of the new LaFerrari hypercar this week.
As with the Enzo-based FXX before it, the FXX K is what Ferrari terms a ‘laboratory car’, an ongoing and customer-inclusive program that contributes to the development of future models.
And, again like the FXX - and not unlike Frankenstein’s monster - the FXX K is significantly more insane than its donor body, churning out a huge 772kW.
But, unlike those two rivals, the FXX K cannot be registered for the road. As with the FXX and the 599XX, this extra-hot Ferrari cannot be registered for the road - and isn’t even allowed to be raced.
To make sure nobody tries any funny business, all FXX K cars are kept in Ferrari’s care, only ever to be rolled out at specific events for the company’s ‘Client Test Drivers’.
Helping the FXX K produce its huge numbers are modifications to the petrol-electric hybrid system’s V12 engine, gaining an extra 44kW through tweaks that include new camshafts and mechanical tappets.
There’s also revised intake manifolds, and the exhaust’s silencers have also been binned.
Ferrari’s HY-KERS energy recuperation system is again featured, modified for greater power and more on-track capability.
The most obvious changes however are to the LaFerrari’s sleek styling, enhanced to deliver a huge 50 percent improvement in ‘low drag’ downforce configuration, and a 30 percent improvement in the most aggressive setting.
Keen to get one? Ferrari isn’t saying what entry into the program is worth, but reports suggest upwards of US$3 million…
- Total maximum power 1050 cv
- Total maximum torque >900 Nm
- V12 maximum power 860 cv @ 9200 rpm (with dynamic ram effect)
- Maximum revs 9250 rpm
- V12 maximum torque 750 Nm @ 6500 rpm
- Electric motor output 140 Kw (190 cv)
- Type 65-deg. V12
- Bore and stroke 94 x 75.2 mm
- Total displacement 6262 cc
- Specific power 137 cv/l
- Length 4896 mm
- Width 2051 mm
- Height 1116 mm
- Wheelbase 2650 mm
- 7-speed DCT
- Front double wishbones
- Rear multi-link
Tyres (Pirelli P-Zero slicks with sensors )
- Front 285/650 – R19 x10.5
- Rear 345/725 – R20x13
Carbon ceramic brakes (Brembo)
- Front 398 x 223 x 36 mm
- Rear 380 x 253 x 34 mm
- ESC stability control
- High perf ABS/EBD Performance anti-lock system/electronic brake balance
- EF1-Trac F1 electronic traction control integrated with the hybrid system
- E-Diff 3 third generation electronic differential
- SCM-E Frs magnetorheological damping with twin solenoids (Al-Ni tube)
- Aerodynamics active
- Interested in buying FERRARI ? Visit our FERRARI showroom for more information.