Mark Webber has contradicted Christian Horner's claim that he will retire if he leaves Red Bull.
Team boss Horner said recently that Australian Webber has "no desire" to switch to a rival camp as his current contract is set to expire at the end of 2011.
The 34-year-old has had a difficult start to the new season but told La Stampa in Turin that he is confident of a surge in form.
"When this championship ends my contract with Red Bull does as well," Webber told the Italian newspaper. "But I don't think it depends on the results; I want to win for me.
"We'll see," added Webber. "If the team doesn't want me any more, I will have to ask myself a question -- hang up my helmet or change teams?"
He admitted he has "flaws" but said his teammate and reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel does too.
"I'm determined. Last year I fought for the title and I want to do it again."
As for Vettel, Webber answered: "Sebastian is very fast and he now has a good amount of experience. But he's not unbeatable.
"I prefer not to talk about his weaknesses, but we all have them," he insisted.
McLaren To Keep Button For 'Years' - Whitmarsh
McLaren is poised to agree a new multi-year contract with Jenson Button.
The 2009 world champion moved to the famous Woking based squad from Brawn at the end of his title-winning season, reportedly signing a three-year deal.
The French news agency AFP quotes Button, 31, as saying he is happy at McLaren.
"I can't see any reason to be anywhere else. I'm driving for one of the best teams in the world," he said.
"It's a position that most drivers would love to be in and I've worked very hard for it. I might be around for three years, five years ... I don't know."
Team boss Martin Whitmarsh said: "If Jenson says he is totally committed and wants to do 'x' more years, then I suspect that we could quickly come to an agreement.
"He's a tremendous asset to the team and when we get around to that, I hope that it will be a quick and easy conversation," he added.
Ecclestone Says No Takeover Talks With Ferrari
Bernie Ecclestone has denied speaking with officials of the Fiat/Ferrari group about a potential takeover of Formula One.
Amid the reports of News Corporation and Carlos Slim's interest in buying the commercial rights from CVC, it was speculated that Ferrari and its Italian carmaker parent might also be involved in the takeover consortium.
F1 Chief Executive Ecclestone was asked about the rumours, including Ferrari's rumoured involvement, by the German newspaper Die Welt.
"I can assure you that none of those you have referred to as allegedly interested have spoken on this matter with CVC or with me," answered the 80-year-old.
"CVC has no intention of selling Formula One," he added.
He said the private equity company is completely happy with its investment.
"We haven't had races as exciting as this for a long time," he insisted. "We have contracts for grands prix in twenty countries and six other countries who want a race.
"Formula one is stronger, more stable and successful than ever before," said Ecclestone.
He also rubbished rumours he is preparing to retire.
"I don't know where that came from but it's true that I don't work for the money. In the past few decades with all the people who have supported me we have achieved a lot and it still gives me a lot of joy. It's my life," added Ecclestone.
Bahrain Uncertainty Continues After Deadline
A decision about the possible rescheduling of the Bahrain Grand Prix this year has been postponed for yet another day.
After the May 1 deadline ran out on Sunday, it had been expected that the governing FIA would declare on Monday if a new date could be set for a 2011 race in the troubled island kingdom.
But as the Paris federation and Bernie Ecclestone apparently disagree about whether the organisers should be given even more time, the F1 Chief Executive was quoted as saying the sport "will go there this year if the authorities can guarantee a peaceful and quiet race".
The rubber-stamp however must be given by the FIA, and a spokesman told the BBC that ongoing talks will result in a decision "in the next hours".
"The Bahrain government will let us know within this deadline whether they see the conditions (for a rescheduled race) or they don't," he said.
The situation was muddied as the May 1 deadline expired on Sunday, when the Sakhir circuit issued a vague statement.
Asked what it really meant, a spokesman for the track said: "We are not saying we are hosting it, we are not saying we are not hosting it. We are not saying it is cancelled."
- Interested in buying ? Visit our showroom for more information.