- Red Bull says reserve driver Buemi staying
- BMW confirms DTM test for Glock
- Mexico has 'plans ready' for 2014 F1 return
- Lowe to follow Hamilton to Mercedes - report
- Wolff plays down Lowe, Brawn, Fry rumours
Red Bull says reserve driver Buemi staying
Red Bull has finally confirmed reports Sebastien Buemi is staying put as the world champion team's official reserve driver.
The 24-year-old Swiss moved into the role last year, after losing his race-seat with Red Bull's secondary team, Toro Rosso.
The Swiss newspaper Sonntagsblick reported more than two weeks ago that Buemi had definitely dropped out of the running for the second Force India drive.
"Buemi will again be signed as reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso," said veteran correspondent Roger Benoit on January 7.
Red Bull quoted Buemi in a media statement on Tuesday: "It's good to remain with the team for another year."
BMW confirms DTM test for Glock
BMW on Tuesday confirmed reports Marussia refugee Timo Glock will test a DTM car this week at Valencia.
Earlier, a spokesman for the German carmaker refused to comment on the speculation, saying: "We confirm nothing, we deny nothing, we don't comment at all."
Germany's Sport Bild, however, said the test will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, and 30-year-old Glock commented: "I am very excited to test the (DTM) car, and also to meet up at Valencia with some familiar faces from my past at BMW."
Belatedly, BMW confirmed the news.
"We are pleased to be able to offer Timo Glock the opportunity to get to know our BMW M3 DTM in Valencia," said motor sport director Jens Marquardt.
Mexico has 'plans ready' for 2014 F1 return
Mexico is planning to be on next year's F1 calendar.
Jose Abed, Mexico's representative at F1's governing FIA, has been quoted as saying the venue for the 2014 race will be the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, in Mexico City.
The track last hosted F1 in 1992, but Bernie Ecclestone has said it is not suitable for modern grands prix unless a major upgrade is done.
Abed is quoted by AS newspaper: "We have plans ready to improve the (circuit) and, after they finish the adjustments, we return to Formula One in 2014."
He said the upgrade will cost $20 million, and the annual race sanctioning fee about $30 million.
McLaren's Sergio Perez, and Sauber newcomer Esteban Gutierrez, are both Mexican.
Lowe to follow Hamilton to Mercedes - report
McLaren could be set to lose its technical director.
Germany's Sport Bild is reporting that Paddy Lowe, who has been with the Woking based team for twenty years, is following Lewis Hamilton to Mercedes.
The report said executive director Toto Wolff wooed Briton Lowe, 50, for a switch to Williams, but Austrian Wolff has subsequently moved to Mercedes.
"This is big news," Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko is quoted as saying.
McLaren declined to comment, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph.
Sport Bild said the other major changes at Mercedes, including the rise of Niki Lauda and the departure of Norbert Haug, could indicate that Ross Brawn and Nick Fry are preparing to leave.
The most endangered, however, appears Fry, with Mercedes' media statement on Monday saying: "Together with Ross Brawn, Lauda and Wolff will complete the management" of the team.
According to Italy's Autosprint, Mercedes' F1 shares are now split between Daimler (60 percent), Wolff (30pc) and Lauda (10pc).
As he visited Mercedes' Stuttgart facilities on Monday, Hamilton said he knew nothing about Lowe's reportedly imminent McLaren-to-Mercedes switch.
"This is the first time I've heard of it," he said.
Meanwhile, Autosprint reported that Wolff's move from Williams to Mercedes could result in Williams being powered by a turbo Mercedes engine in 2014.
Wife Susie Wolff, however, is staying as a Williams test driver.
"Very happy for my husband," she wrote on Twitter. "We will be fighting him hard on track!"
Wolff plays down Lowe, Brawn, Fry rumours
Toto Wolff on Tuesday played down speculation he has wooed Paddy Lowe to Mercedes to replace team boss Ross Brawn.
Speaking to British reporters, Mercedes' new executive director and 30 per cent shareholder admitted there was "a lot of speculation" about the plans of McLaren's technical director Lowe.
McLaren and Mercedes spokespeople were keeping quiet on Tuesday, but BBC commentator Eddie Jordan - who has broken several stories in recent years - was clear.
"Paddy Lowe is going to Mercedes and it would appear that Brawn and (Nick) Fry are on their way out, and Lowe will be there in a very senior capacity," he said.
Wolff, however, said suggestions today about the next moves for Brawn, Fry or Lowe would be "foolish".
"I've read it in the papers as you have, but there's nothing else I can tell you," he added.