Daniel Ricciardo has admitted he will probably sit out the inaugural Indian Grand Prix later this month.
We reported last week that, even though Tonio Liuzzi's manager had insisted the Italian has a firm contract for every race in 2011, HRT had yet to officially confirm who will make way for Indian Narain Karthikeyan.
"Nothing is confirmed yet about who will Narain replace in India," a spokeswoman for the Spanish team told us.
On a visit to India for his backer Red Bull on Saturday, however, Aussie rookie Ricciardo hinted to the Press Trust of India that he will only be driving in practice at the new Buddh circuit.
"I am not sure 100 percent sure what's happening but at least I will be driving in the practice session", said the 22-year-old.
"When it (making way for Karthikeyan) is part of the deal and agreement, you follow it," he added.
"I still have lot of races left in the season and you look forward to many more things when you do not race."
Mercedes signs Costa and Willis
Mercedes GP confirmed reports ousted Ferrari technical boss Aldo Costa is reuniting with his former colleague Ross Brawn.
And the Brackley-based squad also announced that HRT's recently-departed Geoff Willis, who was with the German team in its Honda days until 2006, is joining up as technology director next month.
Italian Costa, who worked under now Mercedes team boss Brawn at Ferrari some years ago, will start his new job as engineering director in December.
Both Costa and Willis will report to technical director Bob Bell, the former Renault chief, Mercedes GP added.
"Aldo will be responsible for design and development, and Geoffrey will head the aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics, control systems and simulation functions," the team said in a media statement.
Said Brawn: "Building a winning team is an exciting challenge for us all as we work towards the competitiveness and standards that we aspire to as the Mercedes-Benz works team."