Citroen has launched its updated C4 small hatch range this week, with a new two-spec strategy and pricing now starting at $29,990 for the base model C4 Seduction and topping out at $33,990 for the C4 Exclusive.
It's a massive price jump for the C4 hatch, which was previously priced at $23,990. It also makes the C4 one of the most expensive non-premium small cars on the market.
However, Citroen Australia says that's balanced by an extra $5500 of standard gear for the Seduction, while the Exclusive features $5000 worth of new equipment.
Sat-nav, for example, is now standard across the range.
There's also added justification for the price rises with the adoption of a standard automatic transmission for both grades, however if you're looking for a diesel e-HDI option, don't. It's been ditched.
Another big change is the adoption of the Peugeot 308's 1.2 litre turbo inline three as the sole powerplant for both Seduction and Exclusive.
Producing 96kW of power and 230Nm of torque (the latter of which is available from as low as 1750rpm), both models take power to the front wheels through a standard six-speed automatic.
It's a solid improvment over the old 88kW/160Nm 1.6 litre inline four and antiquated four-speed previously available in the C4 hatch.
The zero-100km/h sprint takes a leisurely 10.9 secondes, while fuel conomy is listed at a frugal 4.9 l/100km for the Seduction and 5.1 l/100km for the larger-wheeled Exclusive.
Safety equipment comprises ABS, EBD, brake assist, traction control and stability control and six airbags (dual front, front side, full-length curtain).
Standard equipment has lifted dramatically for 2015, with a seven-inch colour touchscreen, satellite navigation, and 8GB of on-board music storage now included for both Seduction and Exclusive models.
- 7.0-inch touchscreen media system with sat-nav
- Eight gigabyte music storage, six-speaker AM/FM/CD audio
- Bluetooth, USB and 3.5mm aux inputs
- Cloth upholstery
- Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Rear parking sensors
- 16-inch alloy wheels, full size spare
- Dual-zone climate control
- Dusk-sensing headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Electrically folding door mirrors
- 12V socket in the boot and centre console
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Manual lumbar adjustment for front seats
- Leather-upholstered steering wheel
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- 60/40 split folding rear seats
- Front fog lights
- Cap-less refuelling
- Chrome side window sills
- Privacy glass
- Partial leather upholstery
- Panoramic glass roof
- Electronic parking brake
- Half-leather trim
- Driver’s massage seat
- Keyless entry and ignition
- 17-inch alloy wheels, space saver spare
- Reverse-view camera
- Front parking sensors
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Chrome front bumper trim
- C4 Seduction 1.2 auto: $29,990
- C4 Exclusive 1.2 auto: $33,990
MORE: Citroen News and Reviews
- Interested in buying CITROEN ? Visit our CITROEN showroom for more information.