Citroen’s new local distributor Sime Darby Motors Australia has adjusted spec levels and pricing across much of the French brand's local line-up.
Sime Darby assumed responsibility for Citroen’s local operations from previous distributor Ateco Automotive on February 1, adding to its fellow PSA brand Peugeot and Porsche portfolios.
The company plans to expand Citroen’s local dealer network from the current 23 outlets to 37 by 2015, and will seek both new franchisees and existing Peugeot dealers to reach this target.
Sime Darby projects that these changes will boost sales by 35 percent this year (over the 1702 units sold in 2012), followed by successive 20 percent gains in 2014 and 2015.
Leading these adjustments is a $6000 reduction in the C3 light hatch’s entry price, with the new Seduction 1.2 litre petrol manual listed at just $17,990.
The existing 1.6 litre petrol and diesel variants both drop $2000, with the C3 range now topping out at $22,990.
Similarly, the C4 hatch’s entry price has dropped $3000, with the new manual Attraction 1.6 litre petrol costing $19,990, and the automatic Attraction 1.6 litre petrol now $1000 cheaper at $21,990.
The top-tier Exclusive 1.6 litre petrol and diesel EGS automated manual C4 models both increase by $500 to $32,490 and $33,490 respectively, while the previous Exclusive 1.6 litre diesel manual has been deleted from the range.
Mid-size C5 models have shifted slightly upmarket, with the previous Attraction entry models deleted, and the new entry Seduction 1.6 litre turbo petrol auto sedan now cheaper $3300 at $36,190.
This is just $200 more than the previous Attraction C5 entry price, while most top-tier Exclusive models are between $1800 and $2800 cheaper than previously.
C4 Grand Picasso
The C4 Grand Picasso people mover entry price drops $500 to $37,490 with the introduction of the Seduction 1.6 litre turbo petrol EGS automated manual entry model, and the existing Seduction 2.0 litre diesel EGS is now $39,490.
Standard satnav, automatic tailgate, and sunroof have been added to both C4 Grand Picasso models, explaining the minor increase for the 2.0 litre diesel.
The C4 Aircross small SUV continues with its 2.0 litre petrol/CVT sole drivetrain choice for both 4x2 and 4x4 guises, but adds standard reversing camera while maintaining the current $31,990 and $33,990 respective list prices.
The big news for the premium DS range is the addition of the ‘Citroen Assured’ capped price servicing plan for all models, with all scheduled services within the first three years or 60,000km limited to $330
This service plan is part of Sime Darby’s planned focus on customer service for DS 3/4/5 buyers, and is set to include specific fit-outs at dealerships and dedicated sales and service protocols.
Aside from the aftersales experience boost, the entry price of the DS3 small hatch has dropped $1750 to $25,240 with the addition of a 1.2 litre petrol D Style manual.
The previous 1.4 litre petrol D Style EGS auto has been replaced by a 1.6 litre turbo petrol D Style with a torque converter automatic, offering a significant performance boost for just $750 more at $27,740.
At the top of the DS3 tree, the 1.6 litre turbo petrol D Sport manual now comes with standard satnav for $250 less than before at $29,740.
Citroen also confirmed that the convertible DS3 CC will join the range later in the year, but could not specify an exact date at this stage.
The DS4 small hatch entry price has dropped $3630 to $32,360 with the introduction of a non-turbo 1.6 litre petrol D Style manual variant, while the previous EGS auto models have been dropped in favour of a conventional torque converter unit.
Expanding from three to six variants in total, the DS4 lineup is now topped by a new 2.0 litre diesel D Sport auto at $40,860, with satnav now standard on all D Sport variants.
The mid-size DS5 is now available in both 1.6 litre diesel auto and 2.0 litre diesel auto variants, with the price of the 1.6 rising by $1000 to $48,990.
Sime Darby is still considering the all-wheel-drive diesel-electric DS5 Hybrid4 for Australia, and the two model Berlingo light van range is unchanged with the new distributorship.
- Seduction 1.2 Petrol Manual - $17,990
- Seduction 1.2 Petrol Auto - $21,990
- Seduction 1.6 eHDI Diesel Manual - $22,990
- Attraction 1.6 Petrol Manual - $19,990
- Attraction 1.6 Petrol Auto - $21,990
- Seduction 1.6 Petrol Manual - $22,990
- Seduction 1.6 Petrol Auto - $24,990
- Seduction 1.6 eHDI Diesel EGS Auto - $27,990
- Exclusive 1.6 Turbo Petrol EGS Auto - $32,490
- Exclusive 1.6 eHDI Diesel EGS Auto - $33,490
- Seduction 1.6 Turbo Petrol Auto - $36,190
- Seduction 2.0 HDI Diesel Auto - $39,190
- Exclusive 1.6 Turbo Petrol Auto - $42,190
- Exclusive 2.0 HDI Diesel Auto - $45,190
- Exclusive 3.0 HDI Diesel Auto - $57,190
- Tourer Seduction HDI 2.0 Diesel Auto $41,190
- Tourer Exclusive 2.0 HDI Diesel Auto - $47,190
- Tourer Exclusive 3.0 HDI Diesel Auto - $59,190
C4 Grand Picasso
- Seduction 1.6 Turbo Petrol EGS Auto $37,490
- Seduction 2.0 HDI Diesel EGS Auto - $39,490
- Exclusive 4x2 1.6 Petrol CVT Auto - $31,990
- Exclusive 4x4 1.6 Petrol CVT Auto - $33,990
- 1.2 Petrol D Style Manual - $25,240
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Style Auto - $27,740
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Sport Manual - $29,740
- 1.6 Petrol D Style Manual - $32,360
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Style Auto - $35,360
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Sport Auto - $37,860
- 2.0 HDI Diesel D Style Auto - $38,360
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Sport Manual - $39,860
- 2.0 HDI Diesel D Sport Auto - $40,860
- 1.6 Turbo Petrol D Sport Auto - $48,990
- 2.0 HDI Diesel D Sport Auto - $51,990
- 1.6 Petrol Manual - $19,990
- 1.6 HDI Diesel Manual - $22,990
Note: Pricing does not include on-road costs.
- Interested in buying CITROEN ? Visit our CITROEN showroom for more information.