CHRYSLER 300S AUSTRALIA
Chrysler Australia has added another new model to its growing 300 sedan range, launching the sporting 300S this week.
Priced at $47,500, the 300S enters right in the middle of the line-up, emerging between the petrol 300C and 300C Luxury models.
Strictly a styling exercise, the 300S retains the regular 210kW/340Nm V6 petrol engine and eight-speed auto, but adds new 20-inch alloy wheels inspired by the more powerful - and more expensive - SRT8 twins.
The 300S also gets the same Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tyres worn by the SRT models, along with a 'black chrome' grille with platinum surround, black headlight bezels, body-coloured door handles and mirrors, a boot lip spoiler and black accented badging.
In the cabin, Chrysler says it has given the 300S an 'athletic-luxury' feel, applying a gloss black finish to the centre console, steering wheel and door panels, along with matte carbon accents, replacing the 300C's burl wood.
Rounding out the interior tweaks are sports pedals and heated front sports seats, while a red leather trim is available as a no-cost option.
Other standard features at this trim level are Chrysler’s Uconnect 8.4-inch screen with navigation and reversing camera, bi-xenon headlamps with auto high beam control, rain-sensing windscreen wipers, heated and cooled front cupholders, a memory system for the driver’s seat, exterior mirrors, steering column and radio, as well as heated rear seats.
The 300S is available now.
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
- 300 Limited - 3.6L V6 - 8-spd auto $43,000
- 300 Limited - 3.0L CRD - 5-spd auto - $48,000
- 300C - 3.6L V6 - 8-spd auto - $46,500
- 300C - 3.0L CRD - 5-spd auto - $51,500
- 300S - 3.6L V6 - 8-spd auto - $47,500
- 300C Luxury - 3.6L V6 - 8-spd auto - $51,000
- 300C Luxury - 3.0L CRD - 5-spd auto - $56,000
- 300 SRT8 Core - 6.4L V8 - 5-spd auto - $56,000
- 300 SRT8 - 6.4L V8 - 5-spd auto - $66,000