BMW Australia’s new 2 Series Convertible line now has its range-topper, with the M235i hero landing this week.
Joining the $54,900 220i and $68,800 220d models that launched in January, the M235i enters at the top of the range from $85,800 plus on-roads.
For the big dollars, you get BMW’s 240kW and 450Nm six-cylinder turbo engine, driving the rear wheels through an eight-speed dual-clutch auto. A six-speed manual is available as a no-cost option.
BMW claims a 0-100km/h time of 5.0 seconds flat for the M235i Convertible, with fuel consumption listed at 7.9 l/100km for the auto and 8.5 l/100km for the manual.
- Eight-speed sport automatic transmission
- Adaptive M suspension
- M Performance TwinPower six-cylinder in-line petrol engine
- Driving Experience Control
- Auto Start/Stop function and ECO PRO mode
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Variable Sport Steering
- M Sport Brakes
- 18-inch BMW M light-alloy wheels
- M Aerodynamics Package
- Rear View Camera and Park Distance Control (front and rear)
- Cruise Control with braking function
- Bi-Xenon headlights
- BMW Individual High-Gloss Shadow Line
- Leather upholstery
- Interior lights package
- M leather steering wheel
- Navigation system Professional
2 SERIES CONVERTIBLE BASICS
Measuring 4432mm long and 1774mm wide, the new 2 Convertible grows by 72 and 26mm respectively.
It also boasts wider front and rear tracks, increased by 41 and 43mm over the previous 1 Series droptop.
BMW says the extra length - which is on top of a 30mm longer 2690mm wheelbase - has resulted in improved interior space and, at 335 litres, a full 30 litres more room in the boot.
- 220i Convertible - $54,900
- 228i Convertible - $68,900
- M235i Convertible - $85,800
- Interested in buying BMW M235I? Visit our BMW M235I showroom for more information.