BMW’s K 1600 GT has been awarded "International Bike Of The Year 2011 (IBOTY)" by Belgian motorcycle magazine Motor Wereld.
Announced at a press conference at the Brussels Motor Show, the award for the K 1600 GT came from an international jury representing motorcycle magazines from 25 individual countries, including Australia.
The panel pointed to the K 1600 GT's combination of comfort, performance and use of innovative technologies as its winning features.
The in-line 6-cylinder engine was said to offer power, refinement and lots of fun, while a long list of up-to-the-minute technologies like ABS, traction control, a navigation system, an adaptive headlight and electronically controlled suspension with various modes, ensured it was always going to be in contention.
On the road, the K 1600 GT’s agile chassis and unusually light handling added up to a unique riding experience, which according to the jury, would impress the most demanding touring and sports motorcyclists.
The results of the IBOTY 2011:
1) BMW K 1600 GT (41 points)
2) Ducati Diavel (32 points)
3) Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (22 points)
4) BMW K 1600 GTL (18 points)
5) BMW S 1000 RR and Kawasaki ZX 10R (16 points each)
- Interested in buying BMW 1600? Visit our BMW 1600 showroom for more information.