BMW has outlined numerous additions to its international 2, 3 and 4 Series line-ups, including seven new diesel variants and one new petrol-powered model, expected to be rolled-out during 2014.
For the 4 Series, a new 425d will be introduced to overseas markets during the Australian autumn, powered by a 2.0 litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 160kW and available with both manual and eight-speed auto transmissions.
The 430d xDrive Coupe is powered by a 190kW 3.0 litre turbo-diesel engine and is only available with the eight-speed automatic transmission, while the 428i xDrive Convertible gets the same eight-speed auto with a 180kW 2.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine.
BMW will also expand its ‘Individual’ program to all new 4 Series customers, with special exterior paint, wheel and trim options.
The 330d Gran Turismo has a six-cylinder engine making 190kW matched with an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission, with fuel economy listed at 5.1 l/100km.
There’s also an xDrive version of the 330d Gran Turismo, powered by the same 3.0 litre engine which sees the 0-100km/h time improve by 0.3 seconds, while fuel consumption increases to 5.4 l/100km.
The 335d xDrive Gran Turismo is the final new addition to the range, powered by a 230kW diesel engine with fuel consumption listed at 5.6 l/100km.
BMW will offer a new options package for its 3 Series in 2014, which includes Xenon headlamps, head-up display, High-Beam Assist, adaptive cornering lights and Speed Limit Info including No Passing Indicator.
Next is the 2 Series in Coupe form, which will see the 218d and 225d added to the line-up in 2014.
Both the 218d and 225d are powered by a 2.0 litre turbo-diesel engine, producing 105kW and 160kW respectively, with fuel consumption listed at 4.3 l/100km for the 218d and 4.7 l/100km for the 225d.
Throughout 2014, the overseas BMW range (excluding the X6) will get new standard tyre pressure indicators for each wheel, along with upgraded navigation and audio systems.
Not all of these upgrades will come to the Australian market, but we can likely expect some to filter into local showrooms over 2014.
Watch for news of BMW Australia’s updates in the coming weeks and months.
2014 NEW BMW MODELS - OVERSEAS
2 Series Coupe
- 218d – 105kW – 0-100km/h in 8.9 sec (manual) 8.6 sec (auto) – 4.3 l/100km
- 225d – 160kW – 0-100km/h in 6.3 sec – 4.7 l/100km
3 Series Gran Turismo
- 330d Gran Turismo – 190kW – 0-100km/h in 5.7 sec – 5.1 l/100km
- 330d xDrive Gran Turismo – 190kW – 0-100km/h in 5.4 sec – 5.4 l/100km
- 335d xDrive Gran Turismo – 230kW – 0-100km/h in 4.9 sec – 5.6 l/100km
- 425d Coupe – 160kW – 0-100km/h in 6.7 sec (manual), 6.5 sec (auto) – 5.0 l/100km
- 430d xDrive Coupe – 190kW – 0-100km/h in 5.2 sec – 5.2 l/100km
- 428i xDrive Convertible – 180kW – 0-100km/h in 6.5 sec – 7.0 l/100km
- Interested in buying BMW ? Visit our BMW showroom for more information.