GM Holden has donated eleven cars to select TAFE training institutions as part of the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce’s (VACC) Automotive Industry Donation program.
Holden, who has given longstanding support to several South Australian TAFEs, has now added to this support by providing cars to seven training providers in Victoria and New South Wales, including GOTAFE at Wangaratta and Chisholm Institute.
In providing recent model cars for the program, Holden’s Director of Communications, Sean Poppitt, said, “The wide range of vehicles we have donated allows apprentices to train on some of the latest technologies available including advanced electrical architecture systems, common rail diesel engines and even a high tech electrical and propulsion system.”
Brett Ambrosio, Commercial Manager for Automotive at GOTAFE, said the donation is the outcome of a successful relationship between VACC, Holden and GOTAFE.
“Holden and VACC are long term supporters of GOTAFE Automotive,” Mr Ambrosio said.
“They place strong emphasis on giving students the opportunity to get the most up-to-date and industry-relevant skills and knowledge, so that when they are in the workplace they contribute to the strong reputation of the industry in a positive way.”
Maria Peters, CEO of Chisholm Institute, said that the donation is key to training young technicians of the future.
“Chisholm Institute is delighted that Holden... has donated vehicles for Chisholm automotive students,” Ms. Peters said.
“The donation ensures the next generation are able to learn on technologically advanced vehicles and look at the future needs of the industry.”
Mr Poppitt said the VACC’s Automotive Industry Donation program is an excellent opportunity for Holden to help improve the learning experiences of young apprentices.
MORE: VW Apprentices Unveil Golf 'Dark Shine' Hatch, Wagon Biturbo Concepts
MORE News & Reviews: Holden | VACC
Following is the list of donated Holden vehicles, and the receiving training providers:
- Caprice sedan - Chisholm TAFE, Dandenong
- Volt hybrid - Chisholm TAFE, Dandenong
- Commodore SS-V sportwagon - South West Institute of TAFE, Warrnambool
- Cruze hatch - South West Institute of TAFE, Warrnambool
- Cruze sportwagon - Gordon Institute of TAFE, Geelong
- Commodore, Omega Ute - Gordon Institute of TAFE, Geelong
- Commodore SS sedan - GOTAFE, Wangaratta
- Cruze hatch - Box Hill Institute, Melbourne
- Volt hybrid - Box Hill Institute, Melbourne
- Volt hybrid - VACC, Melbourne
- Cruze hatch - North Coast TAFE, Taree
- Interested in buying HOLDEN ? Visit our HOLDEN showroom for more information.