The S-treatment takes the already impressive TT range, and dials up performance, with a more powerful engine, and revised suspension and all-wheel-drive tuning.
Thanks to this generation TT’s weight-reduction program, the TTS drops 45 kilograms compared to it’s predecessor.
Beneath the skin lies a modified, aluminium-intensive version of the Volkswagen Group’s MQB modular platform, with power supplied by the same 2.0 litre turbocharged four-cylinder that powers the S3.
Extra standard equipment in the TTS extends to magnetic ride control, adaptive LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, active lane assist, digital radio, proximity key with pushbutton start, and MMI Navigation Plus - all of which represent an upgrade compared to the previous generation’s standard spec list.
Roadster models are also treated to heated seats, with optional neck warming available for $800. Adding heated seats to the coupe is a $750.
Standard seating includes powered S sports seats trimmed in leather with Alcantara inserts, or optional Nappa leather trim for $1400, with a pair of extended leather options will add leather trim to the armrest, door pulls and centre console, or the steering wheel centre and dashboard respectively.
- Acoustic hood, fully automatic (TTS Roadster only)
- Convenience key, full keyless entry and start
- Aluminium look heated exterior mirrors
- Tyre repair kit
- LED headlights
- LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- Auto dimming interior mirror
- Automatic air conditioning with innovative operating logic in the vents (single zone)
- Interior inlays in matt brushed aluminium
- Stainless steel sports pedals
- Light and rain sensor
- TTS sport contour leather multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles
- Electrically adjustable S sport front seats with pneumatic bolsters
- Alcantara / leather upholstery
- Split fold rear seats
- Audi sound system, 5-channel amplifier, 9 speakers including 2 bass boxes with total output of 155 watts
- Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Digital radio
- MMI navigation plus with MMI touch, 12.4 inch Audi virtual cockpit, integrated voice control, live traffic updates, MMI radio and CD/DVD player, 10GB flash memory
- Airbags – front airbags for driver and passenger, side airbags for driver and front passenger (with head/thorax protection for TTS Roadster), head airbags (TTS Coupé only)
- Attention assist
- Electronic Stabilisation Control (ESC) with electronic wheel-selective torque control, ABS, ASR, EDL and Brake Assist
- Electro-mechanical parking brake
- Tyre pressure loss indicator
- Progressive steering – electromechanical with variable ratio based on steering angle for enhanced driving dynamics and reduced steering effort when manoeuvering
- Audi drive select
- Audi parking system plus front and rear with rear view visual display and rear view camera
- Audi active lane assist
- Cruise control with speed limiter
Options packages include an Assistance package that adds blind-spot warning, semi autonomous park assist, high beam assist, exterior mirrors with heating, folding and auto dimming, for $1900
An S performance package adds LED matrix headlights, fine nappa leather upholstery, Bang & Olufsen audio, red brake calipers, privacy glass on coupe, or leather package on roadster, and quartz lacquer silver interior highlights.
A range of 19- and 20-inch alloy wheels is also available.
Beneath the bonnet of the TTS, Audi has dropped in the 2.0 litre TFSI turbo four-cylinder as found in the S3, as well as the Volkswagen Golf R.
As per the S3, the TTS puts out 210kW of power from 5300 to 6200rpm, backed by 380Nm of torque spread all the way from 1800 to 5200rpm.
Power is delivered to all four wheels via Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive, with the ability to direct 100 percent of torque rearwards if conditions demand.
No manual transmission option exist however, with a six-speed S-tronic dual-clutch taking care of shifting duties.
Coupe models make the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.7 seconds, while the roadster follows suit in 5.0 seconds.
Fuel consumption measures 6.8 l/100km for coupe and 6.9 l/100km for roadster.
TTS Coupe $99,900
TTS Roadster $103,900
MORE: Audi News and Reviews