The compact Audi Q3 SUV has been given a makeover and a shake-up for 2015, hitting Australia this week with refreshed looks and a streamlined model spread.
The updated range kicks off at $42,900 for the front-wheel-drive 110kW 1.4 turbo model, while the rest of the range is made up of all-wheel-drive quattro models.
That means a 132kW 2.0 turbo petrol model, followed by 110kW and 135kW 2.0 turbo diesel models. (Local details for the updated RS Q3 hero model are still to come.)
Gaining Cylinder on Demand technology, the 1.4 engine now lists fuel use at 5.8 l/100km - a 20 percent improvement over the outgoing model. It also lists a 0-100km/h time of 8.9 seconds.
The 110kW 2.0 diesel lists fuel use at 5.2 l/100km and promises a 9.3 second run to 100km/h.
At the top end, the 135kW 2.0 TDI claims a 7.9 second run to 100km/h and fuel figures of 5.4 l/100km, while the 132kW 2.0 litre petrol lists 6.7 l/100km and 7.6 seconds respectively.
Styling updates for the Q3 range include a sharpened grille design with a new frame that extends back toward the revised headlights.
Changes in the cabin are limited to new trim options, with the dash, steering wheel and centre console styling all remaining largely unchanged.
Q3 1.4 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 110kW
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Leather-appointed upholstery
- Dual-zone climate control air-conditioning
- Multi-function leather steering wheel with paddleshifts
- Audi Music Interface with Bluetooth audio streaming
- MMI radio system with retractable 6.5-inch colour display and 8 passive speakers
- Tyre pressure warning
- Cruise control
- Driver Information System
- Audi parking system plus, with front/rear sensors and rear-view camera
- Dynamic suspension
- Electric exterior mirrors
- Light and rain sensor
- LED interior lighting package
Q3 Sport 2.0 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 135kW (in addition the above)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Colour-coded bumpers and wheel arches
- Front sports seats with electric lumbar support
- Milano leather upholstery
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
2015 Audi Q3
- Q3 1.4 turbo petrol - $42,900
- Q3 quattro 2.0 turbo diesel - $47,900
- Q3 quattro 2.0 turbo petrol - $52,300
- Q3 quattro 2.0 turbo diesel - $56,900