Mazda has confirmed the MX-5 RF – the hardtop version of the all-new MX-5 - will arrive in local showrooms on 1 February with prices starting from $38,500.
With a retractable hard-top roof which can be operated below 10km/h, the Mazda MX-5 RF is only available with the 118kW/200Nm 2.0-litre engine – driving through a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
The three-model range includes the entry-level ‘RF’,’ RF GT’ and ‘RF GT Black Roof’.
As the name suggests, the range-topper scores a black roof – a hand-painted one in fact. There’s also Nappa leather interior trim.
All models gain a 4.6-inch colour TFT screen and adaptive LED headlights, along with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear lever.
GT models pick-up a nine-speaker BOSE audio system with speakers in the seat headrests, heated seats and LED tail-lights.
You can’t buy a Mazda MX-5 RF with the soft-top’s ‘Meteor Grey Mica’ paint – the RF lands a new ‘Machine Grey Metallic’ instead.
Stay tuned to TMR for more on the 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF.
MORE: Mazda MX-5 Speedster Evo And RF Kuro Concepts Wheeled Out For SEMA
VISIT THE SHOWROOM: Mazda MX-5 models - pricing, features, specifications
MORE News & Reviews: Mazda | MX-5 | Convertibles
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2017 MAZDA MX-5 RF
- RF 6sp manual - Cloth trim - $38,500
- RF 6sp automatic - Cloth trim - $40,550
- RF GT 6sp manual - Black or Tan leather trim - $43,890
- RF GT 6sp automatic - Black or Tan leather trim - $45,890
- RF GT Black Roof (BR) - 6sp manual - Nappa leather - $44,890
- RF GT Black Roof (BR) - 6sp automatic - Nappa leather - $46,890
- Interested in buying MAZDA MX-5? Visit our MAZDA MX-5 showroom for more information.