Hyundai has given some of its midsized Tucson SUVs more power and better smartphone connectivity as part of a 2018 update.
For petrol-powered models, the 2.0 litre four-cylinder engine has been replaced with an engine of identical size, but it now features direct injection and boosts power from 114kW and 192Nm to 121kW and 203Nm.
The new engine is available with either manual or automatic transmissions (both six-speed), depending on the model, and fuel consumption is rated at 7.8L/100km (manual) or 7.9L/100km (automatic).
The existing 130kW/265Nm 1.6 litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine carries over for 2018, as does the 136kW/400Nm 2.0 litre four-cylinder diesel engine.
In the cabin, the big ticket item for the Tucson in 2018 is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity which is now standard across the range, matched with an updated satellite navigation systetm.
Other interior features, depending on the model, include a seven- or eight-inch infotainment touchscreen, auxiliary and USB inputs, Bluetooth, privacy glass, electrically-adjustable driver’s seat, leather trim, chilled glovebox, panoramic sunroof and more.
"Hyundai Tucson has consistently been a star performer in Australia's fastest-growing new-car market segment," Hyundai Australia Chief Operating Officer, Scott Grant, said.
"SUV buyers increasingly demand the type of engineering quality, good design and bountiful features previously available only in prestige cars. The Hyundai Tucson has been able to deliver all those qualities, together with great value for money, in spades.”
Safety features include a rear-view camera, rear parking sensors, automatic headlights and wipers and LED daytime running lights, while the up-spec models also feature Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, emergency stop signal and more.
MORE: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Active X - Santa Fe V6 Returns
VISIT THE SHOWROOM: Hyundai Tucson models - pricing, features, specifications
MORE News & Reviews: Hyundai | Tucson | SUVs
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2018 HYUNDAI TUCSON
- Active - 2.0 GDi 2WD manual - $28,590
- Active - 2.0 GDi 2WD auto - $31,590
- Active - 2.0 CRDi 4WD auto - $35,090
- Active X - 2.0 GDi 2WD manual - $31,150
- Active X - 2.0 GDi 2WD auto - $33,650
- Elite - 2.0 GDi 2WD auto - $36,250
- Elite - 1.6 T-GDi AWD DCT auto - $39,250
- Elite - 2.0 CRDi AWD auto - $41,250
- Highlander - 1.6 T-GDi AWD DCT auto - $45,450
- Highlander - 2.0 CRDi AWD auto - $47,450
- Metallic / Mica Paint - $595
- Beige Interior (Active X, Elite & Highlander) - $295
- Burgundy Interior (Highlander) - $295
- Panoramic Sunroof (Active X and Elite) - $2,000
- Interested in buying HYUNDAI TUCSON? Visit our HYUNDAI TUCSON showroom for more information.