Renault’s big new Master light commercial van has arrived in Australia, bringing updated styling, three additional long-wheelbase models and new twin-turbocharged diesel engines.
First unveiled last year, the updated Master offers over 350 variations in markets around the world combining length, height, seating arrangements and engine output.
All 2015 Masters are powered by a 2.3 litre turbocharged diesel engine, and Australian customers opting for manual models will have the choice of either 100kW/340Nm or 120kW/360Nm outputs - both twin-turbocharged.
A lower-spec single-turbo 110kW engine is reserved for variants with Renault’s ‘QuickShift’ six-speed automatic transmission.
Each engine returns 6.9 l/100km in European testing when matched with the six-speed manual transmission, which now features stop/start technology.
Renault says this figure can improve by 10 percent when drivers push the ECOmode button, which changes the engine mapping and climate control settings.
Outside, the new Master gets revised front styling, dominated by a new grille which now encompasses the Renault badge.
Safety features include an improved electronic stability control system (ESC) with hill start assist, trailer swing assist and ‘Grip Xtend’; which improves grip in snow, sand and mud.
Inside, there’s driver and passenger front airbags and a new ‘wide view’ mirror on the passenger sun visor to minimise blind spots.
Buyers can opt for the ‘Pro’ or ‘Premium’ option packs, with the latter priced from $2490 and including side airbags, rain sensing wipers, reversing camera, climate control and an integrated TomTom satellite navigation unit.
“The Renault Master has made significant inroads into the large van market over the past three years and is currently the fastest growing model in its segment - up 35.1 percent in 2014 and now the second-highest selling large van in the market,” Renault Australia’s Lyndon Healey said.
“Obviously we’re not satisfied with second place, and with the changes and improvements we’ve made to the Master line-up we’re confident we have the product to meet the needs of many more Australians.”
The 2015 Renault Master is available now, priced from $40,990 plus on-road costs.
MORE: Extended Factory Warranty Announced For Renault Vans
MORE News & Reviews: Renault | Master | Vans
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2015 RENAULT MASTER
- L1H1 SWB Low Roof 100kW Manual - FWD - 1663kg payload - 8.0m3 cubic capacity - $40,990 (up $500)
- L1H1 SWB Low Roof 120kW Manual - FWD - 1663kg - 8.0m3 - $41,990 (New model)
- L1H1 SWB Low Roof 110kW Automatic - FWD - 1694kg - 8.0m3 -$43,490 (up $500)
- L2H2 MWB Mid Roof 120kW Manual - FWD - 1583kg - 10.8m3 - $45,490 (up $500)
- L2H2 MWB Mid Roof 110kW Automatic - FWD - 1583kg - 10.8m3 - $47,990 (up $500)
- L3H2 LWB Mid Roof 120kW Manual - FWD - 1540kg - 13.0m3 - $46,990 (up $1,000)
- L3H2 LWB Mid Roof 110kW Automatic - FWD - 1540kg - 13.0m3 - $49,490 (up $1,000)
- L3H2 LWB Mid Roof Window Van 110kW Auto - FWD - 1780kg - 13.0m3 - $50,490 (New model)
- L3H2 LWB Mid Roof 120kW Manual - RWD - 2207kg - 12.4m3 - $49,990 (New model)
- L3H2 LWB Mid Roof 110kW Automatic - RWD - 2207kg - 12.4m3 - $52,490 (New model)
- L4H3 ELWB High Roof 120kW Manual - RWD - 2129kg - 17.0m3 - $51,990 (up $500)
- L4H3 ELWB High Roof 110kW Automatic - RWD - 2129kg - 17.0m3 - $54,490 (up $500)
- L3 Platform Cab 120kW Manual - FWD - 1910kg payload - $41,490 (New model)
- L3 Platform Cab 110kW Automatic - FWD - 1910kg - $43,990 (New model)
- L3 Single Cab Chassis 120kW Manual - RWD - 2490kg payload - $46,990 (up $1,000)
- L3 Single Cab Chassis 110kW Automatic - RWD - 2490kg - $49,490 (up $1,000)
- L4 Single Cab Chassis 120kW Manual - RWD - 2490kg - $47,990 (No change)
- L4 Single Cab Chassis 110kW Automatic - RWD - 2490kg - $50,490 (No change)
- L4 Dual Cab Chassis 120kW Manual - RWD - 2272kg - $51,490 (No change)
- L4 Dual Cab Chassis 110kW Automatic - RWD - 2272kg - $53,990 (No change)
- Interested in buying RENAULT ? Visit our RENAULT showroom for more information.