Mitsubishi’s updated 2015 Pajero range, launched in Japan earlier this year, is now on sale in Australia.
The refreshed Pajero will enter 2015, its ninth year on the global stage, with revised features and a number of price cuts.
The Australian line-up has also been pared back from six to four models, with the new GLS trim grade replacing the mid-spec GLX-R and VR-X variants.
Entry prices remain unchanged at $50,990 and $53,990 for the GLX manual and auto models, while the GLS takes on the outgoing GLX-R’s $58,990 price point.
With the GLS also replacing the $63,990 VR-X, the top-shelf model is again the Exceed, now priced at $65,990 - a whopping $8000 discount on its 2014 price.
Styling updates for the 2015 model year include refreshed grille design extending into the bumper, framed by a bold chrome border.
All models also feature a new front bumper and new spare wheel cover design, while the cabin has been updated with a refreshed centre panel and chrome air-conditioning dials. A folding key is also now standard.
Importantly, a seven-seat layout - previously limited to GLX-R, VR-X and Exceed models - is now standard across the range.
All models are again powered exclusively by a 147kW/441Nm 3.2 litre diesel. Fuel consumption is listed at 8.4 l/100km in manual form and 9.0 l/100km for automatic models.
Depending on the model, rear storage capacity with the third row folded is listed at between 1050 and 1081 litres, growing to between 1758 and 1789 litres with third and second rows folded.
Across the range, braked towing is rated at 3000kg while unbraked is rated at 750kg. Maximum towball down load rating is 180 kg, although this grows to 250kg if the towed weight is less 2500kg or less.
Features for the 2015 range include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Front LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Chrome outer door handles
- Chrome and heated outer door mirrors with approach lights and side turn lamp
- Front fog lamps
- Side steps
- Front mud guards
- Rear deflector
- Privacy glass
- HID headlamps with auto levelling device
- Headlamp washers
- Rear differential lock
- New generation audio system
- Reverse camera (in display audio)
- Electrochromatic rear view mirror
- Rear air-conditioner and heater
Pajero GLS (in addition to GLX features)
- Reversing sensors
- Rain sensing wipers, dusk sensing headlamps
- Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMCS) audio system
- Satellite navigation
- Heated and power front seats
- Sports cloth seat trim with leather look bolster
- Leather look front and rear door trim
- Cargo blind
Pajero Exceed (in addition to GLS features)
- Automatic high beam
- Electric sunroof with slide and tilt
- Leather seat facings
- Wood and leather 4 spoke steering wheel
- Chrome windscreen moulding and side protection moulding
- Sports pedals
- Decorative scuff plate
- Rockford Fosgate premium audio with 12 speakers
- Premium security alarm with siren and sensor
Mitsubishi’s 2015 model year Pajero range has a 5 year/100,000km New Vehicle Warranty.
This latest update sees the Pajero joining the small Lancer in benefiting from sweeping price cuts, upgraded features and a revised model range, announced on September 1.
An all-new replacement for the Pajero is projected to debut in 2017.
The updated 2015 Pajero range is on sale now.
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- Pajero GLX manual - $50,990
- Pajero GLX auto - $53,990
- Pajero GLS auto - $58,990
- Exceed auto - $65,990