Entering the 2015 model year with a new RRP of $11,490, the Mirage’s new opening price represents a $1500 saving over the previous range.
Pricing for the Mirage range had last been adjusted around this time last year, although today’s news marks the first drop in the line-up’s entry price.
These latest changes also see the Mirage hatch offerings reduced to a two-trim range, with the mid-spec Sport model dropped for 2015.
The remaining models, the entry ES and the top-grade LS, benefit from a boost in standard equipment.
Now standard with all 2015 Mirage models is an all-black interior, a new shortened roof antenna and a flashing Emergency Stop Signal.
The LS model also picks up cruise control - a new addition to the Mirage range overall - and tinted windows for the new model year.
- All black interior - new
- Exterior lamps with Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) - new
- Short type roof antenna - new
- Luggage room lamp - new
- 1.2L DOHC MIVEC petrol engine
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with INVECS III Smart Logic (optional)
- Electric power steering
- 14-inch wheels
- Active Stability Control
- Hill Start Control (CVT only)
- Driver and passenger front airbags
- Side and curtain airbags
- Air conditioning
- Bluetooth® phone connectivity with audio streaming and voice control
- Steering wheel with audio and phone controls
- AM/FM CD player with USB and auxiliary input
- Power door mirrors
- Body colour door handles and mirrors
- Power windows with driver side auto up and down
- Driver’s seat with slide, recline and height adjustment
- Two ISOFIX rear seat child restraints
- Three tether anchor rear seat child restraints
- Child proof rear door locks
Mirage LS (in addition to ES features)
- Cruise control - new
- Privacy glass - new
- Climate control air conditioning
- Chrome and silver interior accents
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Front fog lamps
- Colour key rear spoiler
- High grade seat material
- 4 Speakers
The Mirage’s powertrain remains unchanged, with motivation provided by a 57kW/100Nm 1.2 litre petrol engine, mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT auto.
Depending on specification, fuel consumption ranges from 4.6 to 4.9 l/100km, and CO2 emissions from 109 to 115g/km.
As before, the Mirage is offered with a five-year or 100,000km warranty, along with a four-year capped-price servicing and roadside assistance program.
The Mirage is also offered in sedan form, which launched here in July.
Noteably larger than its hatch mate, the Mirage Sedan also carries a higher starting price: $14,490 plus on-roads.
For more on both models, see our links below.
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- Mirage hatch ES - manual - $11,490
- Mirage hatch ES - auto - $13,490
- Mirage hatch LS - manual - $12,990
- Mirage hatch LS - auto - $14,990
- Interested in buying MITSUBISHI MIRAGE? Visit our MITSUBISHI MIRAGE showroom for more information.